DTS Help

Post by mk.. » Thu, 16 Dec 1999 04:00:00

I am trying to create a DTS package that imports data from a table,
transforms some information and dumps it into a flat file.  My problem
is that we have about 300 properties with a separate SQL Server at each
property with the name of the server in the format XX0000X where X is a
letter and 0 is a number.  Each of the servers has the same database
architecture.  I need a way to loop through to connect to each server,
run the package and then proceed to the next server.  I do not know how
to accomplish the task of looping through to each server.  The way I
would like it to work would be to start at the first property, try to
connect, if the connection fails, send a mail message to report that
and then go on to the next server.  I do have a table with listing of
all the servers.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

1. Visual Basic, DTS, and that DTS Help file

I am trying to program a DTS Package with Visual Basic and having a terrible
time with not only the sparse documentation on this subject but lack of
available materials.

Does anyone know where I can find the DTSPkg.hlp Help File?

It is no where on any of the Beta CDs and I need some more insight on how to
more effeciently work the transformations within the Data Pump.

Also, if anyone else is trying to program DTS Packages with VB let me know
and maybe we can collaborate on some issues.

Thanks in advance,

Mark

2. Sun --> HP-UX communication with Ifmx??? Can it be done?

3. How to import multiple files with DTS - HELP HELP

4. Update query using joined query as source

5. DTS HELP running SQL 6.5 stored procedures

6. Please Help! => Direct Access ?

7. DTS: Help appending data- rejecting duplicates based on unique key in target

8. From isql to SQL DMO

9. DTS Help Needed

10. DTS Help

11. DTS Help!!