Delete second *.ldf file and *.ndf file?

Delete second *.ldf file and *.ndf file?

Post by Tomislav Herc » Mon, 26 Jun 2000 04:00:00

The transaction log has two files: registar_log.ldf and registar_log2.ldf.
Is it possible to delete the second file, i.e. registar_log2.ldf and how ?
I have moved active portion of log in front of physical file but when I
tried to delete registar_log2.ldf  I received an error message saying
"file is not empty".

Also I would like to know is it possible and how to move data from
registar.ndf file to registar.mdf file and delete registar.ndf file?

--
      Sincerely,
           Tomislav

Delete second *.ldf file and *.ndf file?

Post by Tibor Karasz » Tue, 27 Jun 2000 04:00:00

Tomislav,

Quote:> Also I would like to know is it possible and how to move data from
> registar.ndf file to registar.mdf file and delete registar.ndf file?

You should be able to do this with DBCC SHRINKFILE(..., EMPTYFILE)

--
Tibor Karaszi, SQL Server MVP