new to dts, import help

Post by <st.. » Sun, 09 Dec 2001 14:22:56

I have a many text files that I need to import nightly
into a corrosponding SQL server table.  I've created a
DTS through the wizard that handles this nicely.

The only thing is that I also need to clear dump the
information from the SQL table prior to importing the
information.  Having never done a DTS before I do not
know how to edit a DTS to add the line "delete from
thetable"

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

new to dts, import help

Post by Ilja Heitlage » Sun, 09 Dec 2001 19:14:53

1. Open package in design mode
2. Add sql task
3. edit task : delete from table ......
4. Join this task with your package: On Completion
5. Buy "professional sql server 2000 dts".
6. Read
7. enjoy.

Regards,
Ilja

> I have a many text files that I need to import nightly
> into a corrosponding SQL server table.  I've created a
> DTS through the wizard that handles this nicely.

> The only thing is that I also need to clear dump the
> information from the SQL table prior to importing the
> information.  Having never done a DTS before I do not
> know how to edit a DTS to add the line "delete from
> thetable"

> Any help would be greatly appreciated.

1. How to import multiple files with DTS - HELP HELP

I'm new to SQL programming. I've a SQL server 7.0 Enterprise.
I've also ca. 400 file csv that i want to import.
My question is : How can import with DTS all the file on the fly without the
enourmous task to import one at a time?
There are any way to do that? I also want to read the file, the name of the
file must became a new table in the same database and the name of the fields
must be trasformed because the name is not regular?
Anyone can help me???
I'm desperately need an help.

2. VA-Alexandria-240484--CASE Tools-ERWin-DB2-MS ACCESS-ORACLE-CA-DATACOM-SQLSERVER

3. DTS Import Error When Importing Text File

4. Netware 5 & P2000sql

5. DTS Import Excel - Create Table based on import

6. how to speed up SE and DS

7. Execulting DTS package via ASP to import table - No data imported

8. 64 bit integer

9. DTS Import Wizard won't complete the import

10. Importing text files into SQL Server 2000 Database using DTS Import/Export Wizard

11. Dts Import Question:Importing Csv file in an existing SQL2000 table with row-level conditions

12. Importing SAS dataset via DTS Import/Export Wizard

13. Help with DTS and ActiveX Script to import text file to a table