ASP, Stored Procs, Recordsets & Parameters under SQL7

ASP, Stored Procs, Recordsets & Parameters under SQL7

Post by John Reardo » Fri, 30 Jul 1999 04:00:00

Can anyone help - I need to know the best approach to handling SQL7 stored
procedures with ASP that return both a resultset and output
parameters/return codes.

It seems that the return code or output parameter cannot be accessed until
the recordset has been closed (can someone tell me the technical reason for
this) - however I would like to be able to check for an error code passed
back in the return code/output parameters before attempting to use the
recordset.  I would rather not have to chache the recordset values in an
array, since I would need to alter the asp code if I chanegd the order of
the columns in the resultset.

Advice/examples appreciated.

ASP, Stored Procs, Recordsets & Parameters under SQL7

Post by Cindy Conwa » Fri, 30 Jul 1999 04:00:00

Hi John,

I am sorry that I can't help you with your query, but I am really
interested about how you return the recordset to the ASP code and how
you can manipulate the rs on the ASP side.  Can you point me to a
reference or pass on an example. It would help a lot with something I am
woring on.

Much appreciated

Cindy

> Can anyone help - I need to know the best approach to handling SQL7 stored
> procedures with ASP that return both a resultset and output
> parameters/return codes.

> It seems that the return code or output parameter cannot be accessed until
> the recordset has been closed (can someone tell me the technical reason for
> this) - however I would like to be able to check for an error code passed
> back in the return code/output parameters before attempting to use the
> recordset.  I would rather not have to chache the recordset values in an
> array, since I would need to alter the asp code if I chanegd the order of
> the columns in the resultset.

> Advice/examples appreciated.

1. ASP, Stored Procs, Recordsets & Parameters under SQL7

Can anyone help - I need to know the best approach to handling SQL7 stored
procedures with ASP that return both a resultset and output
parameters/return codes.

It seems that the return code or output parameter cannot be accessed until
the recordset has been closed (can someone tell me the technical reason for
this) - however I would like to be able to check for an error code passed
back in the return code/output parameters before attempting to use the
recordset.  I would rather not have to chache the recordset values in an
array, since I would need to alter the asp code if I chanegd the order of
the columns in the resultset.

Advice/examples appreciated.

2. QUICK REPORT QRDETAILLINK AND QRGROUP

3. pltcl build problem on FreeBSD (was: Re: [HACKERS] pltlc and

4. Trace Flag 260 On Sybase System 10. Help!

5. stored procs - returning recordsets and parameters

6. Error : Net-Library 'SSNETLIB'

7. freeing recordset resources for parameter stored procs

8. SQL Stored Procs & ADO Recordsets

9. ASP & SQL7.5 Stored Procedures

10. Performance problems after SQL7 Upgrade with Stored Procs

11. sql7 stored procs very slow when using cursors with order by clause