Database Log

Post by Dinesh.T.K » Fri, 15 Jun 2001 20:31:54

Praveen,
Assuming you meant the .LDF files....

SQLserver does not have any built -in utility which enables you to view the
transaction log.Of course you can attach it along with the MDF files to get
them in the form of a database.There are third-party products which will
enable you to actually **view** log files.Please check out log explorer from
www.lumigent.com.

Dinesh.

Database Log

Post by Andrew J. Kell » Fri, 15 Jun 2001 20:21:21

There is no native way in SQL Server to retrieve data from the logs. But
there is a 3rd party tool from www.lumigent.com that can help you.

--
Andrew J. Kelly,  SQL Server MVP
Targitmail

Hi Friends,

   Can anyone give me some suggestion on how to get back my datas from the
log
file. And also with sample coding in SqlServer.