DTS Lookup code in VBscript

Post by Shmulik Sitto » Tue, 14 Mar 2000 04:00:00

Hi...

Can you help to build (or by sending a sample)a Vbscript code in
DTS that lookup records in another tables ?

Shmulik

1. DTS, Lookups--Using a lookup in a DTS transform

Has anyone had any luck using a lookup in a DTS transform.  I swear that I'm
doing a direct translation of the example ('Performing Single-key Lookups
from an ActiveX Script' on the MSDN web site
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/sdkdoc/sql/dtssamp_4.htm ) but I always
get the error:  "An exception of type 'Microsoft VBScript runtime error:
Type mismatch:  'DTSLoopkus'' was not handled."

If anyone has an example that actually works I would be very grateful.

Other details of my project.  The data source is an Excel sheet.  The
destination is an Access db.  The table being used for the lookup is also in
the same access db.  Direct column mapping (or even doing direct mapping
using script) works fine.

For direct mapping the script is:  DTSDestination("Project Name") =
DTSSource("Project Name")

Trying to use lookup my line is:  DTSDestination("Project Name")
=DTSLookups( "ProjNameTOProjNum").Execute(DTSSource("Project Name").Value)

My lookup is: ProjNameTOProjNum
with SQL:  SELECT ProjectNum
FROM Project
WHERE (ProjectName = ?)

Is there any other information I can provide?

If responding directly by email, please remove anti-spam measure.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Charley Rathkopf

2. Federated Performance Problem

3. Coding in VBScript in DTS package

4. SQL Server + Database would be locked + VB.NET

5. DTS Wizard and VBScript - Where is the code????

6. Help!! Error 0, Severity 19; State 0

7. Newbie Script ?: Using VBScript Classes or Calling Stored Procedures (How to Reuse Code within VBScript)

8. Opening Async connection:URGENT

9. VBA Code vs. VBScript Code

10. VBScript coding\editing\testing application..

11. Need Cheap JavaScript, VBScript or ASP code for Drilldown

12. what is wrong with this simple vbscript code?

13. cant execute any vbscript code inside a package