Create DTS package with SP?

Post by Roland Zumkelle » Sat, 05 Feb 2000 04:00:00

Is it possible to create a DTS package with a Stored Procedure?

MS's documentation for DTS seems pretty poor to me... Do you know any
other resources?

Thanks,
Roland

Create DTS package with SP?

Post by Neil Pik » Sun, 06 Feb 2000 04:00:00

Roland - not easily - you would have to call the DTS com interfaces.

Quote:> Is it possible to create a DTS package with a Stored Procedure?

> MS's documentation for DTS seems pretty poor to me... Do you know any
> other resources?

> Thanks,
> Roland

 (Please reply only to newsgroups)
 SQL FAQ (412 entries) see

 or www.ntfaq.com/sql.html (+ ntfaq download)
 or http://www.sql-server.co.uk

Create DTS package with SP?

Post by Neil Pik » Sun, 06 Feb 2000 04:00:00

Roland - not easily - you would have to call the DTS com interfaces.

Quote:> Is it possible to create a DTS package with a Stored Procedure?

> MS's documentation for DTS seems pretty poor to me... Do you know any
> other resources?

> Thanks,
> Roland

 (Please reply only to newsgroups)
 SQL FAQ (412 entries) see

 or www.ntfaq.com/sql.html (+ ntfaq download)
 or http://www.sql-server.co.uk

1. Creating a DTS package on the fly from a SP

I need to know how to create a DTS package on the fly. I
need a stored procedure which I can pass into the SQL to
Output, and it needs to be able to generate an EXCEL
spreadsheet with column headings at a specified file
location.
I have tried playing around with BCP but I can't produce
column headings on the Output file which I desperatley
need as its for a reporting system.
Any bright ideas?

2. ODBClinke

3. DTS Error - Could Not Create Instance of DTS Package

4. SELECT INTO help for newbie

5. Urgent Please helpppppppppppppppppp Ignore of records!!!

6. DTS - Could not create an instance of the DTS Package

7. SQL server recommendation

8. DTS Error - Could Not Create Instance of DTS Package

9. Run a DTS package from another DTS package

10. DTS package not executing an inside DTS package

11. Calling DTS package from DTS package

12. Running DTS Packages from a DTS package