Help ! Tempdb !

Post by Caesa » Sat, 15 Feb 1997 04:00:00

I am using SQL Server v.6 run on Windows NT 3.51 server without any service
pack. Now I got a error message "Database tempdb is already open and can
only have one user a time."

I have try start up the server use single user mode but it still doesn't
work. Nobody can access the server now. Can any one help ?

Thanks !

Help ! Tempdb !

Post by Brian Oko » Sat, 15 Feb 1997 04:00:00

Hi,

It sounds as though tempdb is in single user mode.  To verify this, run
sp_helpdb tempdb.  The "status" column in the output will tell you if
tempdb really is in single user mode.  If it is, you can fix this by
running "sp_dboption tempdb, 'single user', false"  Hopefully, that will
fix you up.

Good luck,
-Brian

--
================================
If it's in production, it's out of date.

================================

> I am using SQL Server v.6 run on Windows NT 3.51 server without any
service
> pack. Now I got a error message "Database tempdb is already open and can
> only have one user a time."

> I have try start up the server use single user mode but it still doesn't
> work. Nobody can access the server now. Can any one help ?

> Thanks !

1. HELP!! Tempdb Suspect SQL Server down

My SQL Server machine rebooted itself last night  and now I can't get SQL
Server to come up. In the SQL error log and in NT Event Viewer logs I see
the message "Database 'tempdb' cannot be opened. It has been marked SUSPECT
by recovery. "
I am using SQL7 SP1.
Can anyone tell me how to get the server running again.

Thanks,
Deidre

2. Passing a shape recordset with MTS

3. Help.. Tempdb Getting locked

4. AP/RS6000 to AP/PRO...has anyone done this??

5. HELP!!! ---- tempdb overrun

6. spaces in column names, when doing sql calls in java

7. Help.. Tempdb getting locked

8. ODBC Password not saving for FILE DSN

9. HELP! tempdb was in single user mode, can't change!

10. HELP! - tempdb keeps filling up!

11. Help! tempdb locking probs!

12. shrinking tempdb without tempdb existing