Recommedations for SQL7 visual programming tools (Access 2000?)

Recommedations for SQL7 visual programming tools (Access 2000?)

Post by Aunty Da » Thu, 01 Jul 1999 04:00:00

Dear all,

I need some better visual programming tools for SQL Server 7. I already have
Visual Studio 6 Pro. As far as I can see you need the upgrade to the
Enterprise edition to get some half-decent visual tools for working with SQL
Server 7. Does anyone know any cheaper/better third-party alternatives?

One thing I have just seen is the new integration of Access 2000 and SQL
Server via it's support for MSDE with an OLE DB driver. (AS far as I can see
MSDE appears to be SQL Server Desktop edition without the MMC front-end.)

Has anyone tried using Access 2000 as a front end for SQL Server 7? Does it
have the ability to create and debug T-SQL?

Thanks for any opinions and experience,
--
Daniel S.
(Remove X from domain to email directly)

1. Desktop Client tools for SQL7 & 2000 access

Hi,

I have recently installed a new server - SQL2000, this leaves me with
two SQL7 & a SQL2000 server. I would like to know about accessing the
servers from the SQL7 & SQL2000 client tool, query analyser and ent
mgr.

I installed the 2000 QA & EM onto my desktop and am having difficulty
connecting - I believe it is not a version issue, but a
network/firewall issue.
SQL7 machine 'A' is on the lan, my desktop QA & EM connects to it at
normal speed. However SQL7 machine 'B' is on a secure network - it
connects, but at a terribly slow speed.

The timeout expired initially until I removed it.

Any ideas?
Kind regards,

2. convert file .dmp from oracle 8 to oracle 7

3. How to convert a Access 95 program to Access 2000 program

4. How to check the serial no. column field ??

5. Access to access 2000 mdb by access 97 program via VB6 and ADO

6. Can't find OIUS.RES file on NT install!

7. IL-Chicago-47740--Programming Skills-Visual Basic-ORACLE-DBMS-MS ACCESS-Programmer-Visual Basic + Oracle

8. Create table in if-statement

9. Converting program from SQL 2000 to Access 2000