Retrieving the properties of Dimensions from Excel 2000 Pivot Tables

Retrieving the properties of Dimensions from Excel 2000 Pivot Tables

Post by Justin Parry-Okede » Tue, 08 Oct 2002 08:20:07

Hi there,

I was trying to work out if it is possible to retrieve the property values
of dimensions as we designed them in our cube.

Eg. for a date dimension we have set a property value of the Month called
NoDays, which is read from the dimension table, and has (you guessed it) the
no of days in that particular month (Feb 2000 = 29, Mar 2001 = 31 etc.)

If not, is there a far more nifty front end tool which would be able to do
this as well as solve much of the short commings of Excel 2000 such as drill
through?

Thanks in advance

JPO

Retrieving the properties of Dimensions from Excel 2000 Pivot Tables

Post by Zine Bouki » Tue, 08 Oct 2002 23:41:17

Hi Justin,

I suggest you have a look at <http://www.xlcubed.com/>. It's a nifty
excel add-in which we've used on a number of projects and it goes down
well with our users. You can use it to insert member properties. It
supports Drill-Through as well as many (standard and advanced)
features you'd expect from an Olap client, all within Excel

Regards,

Zine Boukili.
Inform Information Systems.
http://www.iisltd.com/

1. Pivot table in Excel 2000 vs Excel XP

Hi all.

We're developing a solution y which the final analisys of
the data is through a Pivot Table in Excel which
represents data in percentages. We managed to have the
pivot table working on Excel 2000 but when we used Excel
XP the percentages are lost in some situations (showing
then '#VALUE!').

They are only lost when we filter the data picking only
some values of the fields, but not when we select the 'All
[field]' option.

This is becoming very frustrating because we thought the
percentages were allways calculated in the cube so ?why
does changing the client affect the results?.

I'm not sure if the explanation above is very clear but i
need some help with this issue asap.

Thanks

Alejandro Mezcua

2. ORACLE DBA Needed

3. retrieve cube dimensions with out a pivot table

4. PostgreSQL compilation with custom table name

5. OLAP cube with parent-child dimension and Excel pivot table problem

6. ListAvailableSQLServers (SQLDMO) does not return with named instance

7. a Parent-Child Dimension and Excel Pivot Tables

8. Problem when using java.sql.ResultSet and Informix

9. displaying calculated dimension members in Excel Pivot Table Services

10. Some dimensions members disappears in Excel Pivot table

11. Displaying member properties in Excel Pivot Table

12. SAP BW Dimension Properties (how do I retrieve the keys to a dimension)