Our company is looking into buying an ETL tool for our data extraction
purposes. Could someone tell me which product is the best in the market?
Informatica is sigificantly more costly than DataStage (around 25-30% more),
and from what I can tell, doesn't provide any additional value. They are
better at marketing themselves, for what that is worth.
Other vendors are Sagent, DataMirror, Acta, SAS and a host of others. Go to
one of the data warehousing sites for a complete list.
Quote:> Our company is looking into buying an ETL tool for our data extraction
> purposes. Could someone tell me which product is the best in the market?
1. criteria for Copy management tools / ETL-tools
Considering the prices of copy management tools (CM-tools) AKA ETL-tools
from f.i. ETI, Prism and the like, I would like te have some criteria
upon which I can make my selection.
So far I came up with the following minimum functionalities:
- Extraction/replication of data from the databases from the
- Filtering en cleansing of the extracted data;
- Consolidation of the data;
- moving the data to the targetsystems;
- loading the data into targetdatabase;
- All these processes must be scheduled.
- technical openess (databases, platforms, BI-tools)
I found some info at http://www.kismeta.com/extract
Am I missing functions, are there any other criteria I should use?
2. v7.3.1 tar ready ... please check it ...
3. ETL Tool Selection Sagent V Informatica
4. Finding out when database was last accessed
5. ETL Tools
6. Help need to know what a "Oracle commerce server" is.
7. Looking for an ETL tool from MS SQL 2k to oracle 8i
10. DTS as a ETL tool for an Oracle Data Warehouse
11. DTS as ETL tool
12. best ETL tool
13. ETL Tools