SQL Web Task problem

Post by Darren Gree » Fri, 08 Jan 1999 04:00:00

Hello,

I am trying to publish some data from SQL to a static web page.

The data is held in two tables, which can be joined. Table one holds
what are really group descriptions, and table two holds all the data
items and the group link.

So I would like the web page to look like this -

Group One Name
  Data Item 1 (for Group One)
  Data Item 2 (for Group One)
  Data Item 3 (for Group One)
  Data Item 4 (for Group One)

Group Two Name
  Data Item 1 (for Group Two)
  Data Item 2 (for Group Two)
  Data Item 3 (for Group Two)
  Data Item 4 (for Group Two)

The SQL side seems simple, it's the HTX file that doesn't work as you
can't nest <%begindetail%> tags else it doesn't know where to get the
data from. Batch SQL statements must be dealt with sequentially I
assume.

I know using static html may seem a bit silly but it makes sense when I
can't afford SQL Client licenses for everybody.

Any help please.

--
Darren Green

1. Web task problem

I created a job that executes a stored procedure. I also created a web task
using sp_makewebtask to post the output onto a .HTML file. This works fine
when I do a start jon from the SQL server agent. When it runs automatically
on the SQL Server agent I get the following error message
OLE DB provider 'SQLOLEDB' reported an error. [SQLSTATE 42000] (Error 7399)
[SQLSTATE 01000] (Error 7312)  Associated statement is not prepared
[SQLSTATE HY007] (Error 0)  SQL Web Assistant: Could not execute the SQL
statement. [SQLSTATE 42000] (Error 16805).  The step failed.

    Could someone please giveme pointers as to what might be the problem
here.

2. How can I check which service pack has been installed on a SQL Server ?

3. web task problem in page with VI controls

4. Modifying Table Structure

5. More web task problems

6. Open Server complains about CS_MACCHAR in OS/2

7. DTS Transform Data Task fails in job where DTS Execute SQL Task does not

8. sql-sombrero

9. Assigning task outlook task item using SQL server

10. Execute SQL Task from within a Transform Data Task - hangs

11. Calling a DTS standard task/custom task from a T-SQL Stored procedure