DB-Library error 10040: DB-Library network communication layer not loaded

DB-Library error 10040: DB-Library network communication layer not loaded

Post by Rolando Vázque » Fri, 10 Apr 1998 04:00:00

How can I load this using db-library APIs?

DB-Library error 10040: DB-Library network communication layer not loaded

Post by Andreas Stol » Fri, 10 Apr 1998 04:00:00

Check your "Client Configuration Utility" witch "Net Library" is in use, and
verify that your Networkconfiguration on both Client and Server matches this
setting.
Try using "Named Pipes" this will run most often.

"Named Pipes" and "TCP/IP" doesn't require any further loading from db-lib.
Just correct installation.

Rolando Vzquez schrieb in Nachricht

Quote:>How can I load this using db-library APIs?

1. DB-Library network communications layer not loaded

My application program is created by DELPHI 3.0 C/S
It is no any problem when I run it on my development computer.
But some problem happen when I run in on other computer.
The error message is
    "General SQL error
     Db-library network communications
     layer not loaded."
My computer O.S. : Windows 95
Database : MSSQL 6.5
In other compuer, I have install MSSQL Client and BDE(Borland Database
Engine). MSSQl Clinet run very well, it can connect to NT server that  is
installed MSSQL . But in BDE, we can not connect to server by SQL Link.
Please tell me solution.
Thanks a lot.

2. Setting data source for datagrid

3. Db-library network communications layer not loaded

4. INFORMIX

5. DB-Library network communications layer not loaded

6. II_DBMS_SERVER: must the server be running INGRES/Net? No.

7. Db-library network communciations layer not loaded

8. Transaction Logging

9. Library Network Communications Layer Not Loaded

10. DB-Library communications layer

11. DB Networking libraries not loaded

12. DB-Library network not loaded