SQL Server cache hit ratio 0%

Post by Jouni Marttil » Fri, 05 Dec 1997 04:00:00

I'm using SQL Server 6.5/SP3 on an NT Server 4.0/SP3. Command

        dbcc sqlperf (lrustats)

returns cache hit ratio 0%, which is rather odd, since query statistics
show that queries actually do mostly logical reads. Other similar
systems, however,  show hit ratio 99,7%. What is this hit ratio 0%
implying - a bug or a problem with database?
Jouni Marttila,  Silja Line Oy

1. SQL Server cache hit ratio 0%

I'm using SQL Server 6.5/SP3 on an NT Server 4.0/SP3. Command

        dbcc sqlperf (lrustats)

returns cache hit ratio 0%, which is rather odd, since query statistics
show that queries actually do mostly logical reads. Other similar
systems, however,  show hit ratio 99,7%. What is this hit ratio 0%
implying - a bug or a problem with database?
Jouni Marttila  Silja Line Oy

2. CALIFORNIA-FINANCIALS DBA

3. Cache hit ratio at 70% despite 760 MB for SQL server

4. Sequential scan vs Index

5. SQL Buffer Cache Hit Ratio -100%

6. C++

7. Cache Hit Ratio in SQL 6.5

8. Diffence between dates.

9. PerfMon - SQL Buffer - Buffer Cache Hit Ratio

10. SQL 2000 - Cache Hit Ratio Question

11. Cache hit ratio exceeding 100 % ?

12. How Do I Raise the Cache Hit Ratio for Procedure Plans

13. buffer cache hit ratio in sysperfinfo