One of publication listed under Replication Monitor/Agents/Merge Agents was automatically removed

One of publication listed under Replication Monitor/Agents/Merge Agents was automatically removed

Post by Shirley S » Thu, 12 Sep 2002 03:23:36

We are running merge replication on SQL7. Totally there are 8
publication-subscription pairs created, all of them are listed under
Replication Monitor/Agents/Merge Agents. However, since last week, One
of publication-subscription pairs listed under Replication
Monitor/Agents/Merge Agents was automatically removed during midnight,
but this publication still listed under Replication
Monitor/Agents/Snapshot Agents, subscriber is still listed in the Pull
Subscription under subscribed database, and publisher is still listed
in the publication under the publishing database. Any ideas why this
might be?  I sure would appreciate your help.

1. snapshot agent error: Another snapshot agent for the publication is running

I have created the publishers and distributor on the NT Server run SQL
Server 7.0. This server have a static internet IP.

Then I created a pull subscribers on the Windows 2000 server run SQL Server
2000. This server connect the distributor server through internet. But when
I start the snapshot agent on the distributor, the agent show failed, and
the Action message is "Another snapshot agent for the publication is
running.".

I open the jobs,  the REPL-Snapshot job have 3 step, the third step is
"Detect nonlogged agent shutdown", this step is failed.

How to slave the problem ? Thanks a lot.

2. SQL Anywhere 5.5 ODBC drivers for solaris

3. Merge Replication : Merge Agent fails with Garbled sp name errors

4. Problem with query in fp2.6

5. Merge Agent fails on Visual Basic-created publication

6. Help - Has anyone ever seen this error (sql 7.0)

7. Moving Merge Agents and publications

8. Converting an app to RDO from DAO.

9. Snapshot & Merge Agent Exists , Publication Does Not

10. START MERGE AGENT AUTOMATICALLY

11. suspect distribution agent and suspect merge agent ?

12. Replication:Anothersnapshot agent for the publication is running

13. Start snapshot agent automatically from replication script??