How Do I Determine SQL Service Pack

Post by Adam Jawe » Wed, 28 Jan 1998 04:00:00

I have two SQL servers running side by side. One is our production machine
and the other is our testing platform. We have been having some severe
performance differences between the two of them and the only thing we can
find to be different is the ProductVersion in the attributes tab of the
configuration window of SEM.

One has ProductVersion of:
        6.50.258
and the other has a ProductVersion of:
        6.50.213

Can anyone help me relate these numbers to Service Packs?
Thanks!

How Do I Determine SQL Service Pack

Post by Greg Mabl » Wed, 28 Jan 1998 04:00:00

SQL Server 6.5

201   no sp's
213   sp1
240   sp2
252   withdrawn sp3
258   sp3
281   sp4

Can also be obtained by running:

and
exec xp_msver

--
Greg Mable
MCSE, MVP candidate (SQL server)

>I have two SQL servers running side by side. One is our production machine
>and the other is our testing platform. We have been having some severe
>performance differences between the two of them and the only thing we can
>find to be different is the ProductVersion in the attributes tab of the
>configuration window of SEM.

>One has ProductVersion of:
> 6.50.258
>and the other has a ProductVersion of:
> 6.50.213

>Can anyone help me relate these numbers to Service Packs?
>Thanks!

How Do I Determine SQL Service Pack

Post by Alan Enderb » Wed, 28 Jan 1998 04:00:00

The following table shows the correspondence between the version string and
the
SQL Server version:

 6.50.201 Original SQL Server 6.5 release
 6.50.213 SQL Server 6.5 with Service Pack 1
 6.50.240 SQL Server 6.5 with Service Pack 2
 6.50.258 SQL Server 6.5 with Service Pack 3
 6.50.281 SQL Server 6.5 with Service Pack 4

Use master..xp_msver to get server version.