SNMP INSTALL PROBLEMS

Post by tom.. » Tue, 22 Jun 1999 04:00:00

I have just installed the SNMP service on my nt-server 4.0 with sp4.
I have left everything as default.   Left the community name at public,
Accept SNMP PACKET from all hosts.   I have reinstalled sp4.
When I send a trap "snmpget ntws-xxx public system.sysDescr.0" I just
get "No Response" back.    Can someone tell what I am missing.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/

1. Oracle snmp and HPUX snmp problem

hi all,
i've been trying weeks but w/o success on getting Oracle 7.2 snmp peer
and HPUX10.20 snmp sub agent to run at the same time.

I can start master and encap peer fine but I couldnt start HPUX snmp
agent due to this error msg in snmpd.out:
        Start SNMP Master Network Management daemon
        Start SNMP HP-UX Network Management subAgent
        EXIT CODE: 255
                ERROR: Failed to start subagent
        start SNMP MIB-2 Network Management subAgent
        EXIT CODE: 255
                ERROR: Failed to start subagent

and vice versa,
        master and encap peer would failed if HPUX snmp daemon is running
w/ this error:
        snmp bind failure: Address already in use
        ./master_peer:initializatoin failure

anybody encountered this kinda problem before???
any help would be appreciated.  TIA

Kim
ps: /etc/services -> snmp port is 1161, trap is 1162
        start_peer: NEW SNMP PORT is 1161

2. OWAS Q: How to close Netscape

3. Installing the SNMP SQLMIB after installing SQL.

4. Question on OCP

5. Setup SNMP Agent (snmp.ora)

6. uniqueness of global names

7. Install SNMP agent on NT4+sp5 Compaq Proliant server

8. SQL : Where clause problems

9. Problem:Linux,8i,Intelligent Agent,SNMP

10. SNMP problem

11. SNMP configuration problems

12. help!! about Oracle Listerner SNMP Problem

13. SNMP configuration problems