adodc1

Post by kelvin Ng » Sat, 23 Mar 2002 04:44:31

 help me with this, I have a form with adodc1 data control
and I do as following
dim rst as adodb.recordset
set rst as new adodb.recordset
rst.open("Select * from orders",cnpubs,.....)
set adodc1.recordset = rst
'clean up
set rst= nothing

 the problem is:
1) why i already set rst = nothing but I still navigate
record through adodc1 data control
2) why instead of of set rst = nothing, I
set adodc1.recordset = nothing but it didn't work, i get
the message "Method 'recordset' of object 'Iadodc' failed"
3) How can I "clean up" both rst and adodc1.recordset
Thanks

adodc1

Post by oj » Sat, 23 Mar 2002 04:51:12

kelvin,

think of it like a relay course. the first runner (rst) pass the baton to
the second runner (adodc1). the first runner doesn't have it any more hence
he's getting off the track (rst=nothing).

--
-oj
Rac v2.0 is now RELEASED!!!

Quote:> help me with this, I have a form with adodc1 data control
> and I do as following
> dim rst as adodb.recordset
> set rst as new adodb.recordset
> rst.open("Select * from orders",cnpubs,.....)
> set adodc1.recordset = rst
> 'clean up
> set rst= nothing

>  the problem is:
> 1) why i already set rst = nothing but I still navigate
> record through adodc1 data control
> 2) why instead of of set rst = nothing, I
> set adodc1.recordset = nothing but it didn't work, i get
> the message "Method 'recordset' of object 'Iadodc' failed"
> 3) How can I "clean up" both rst and adodc1.recordset
> Thanks

1. CancelUpdate method of Adodc1.Recordset does not work

I have a dbcombo whose rowsource is an ado data control
(Call it ADODC1).  The datasource for the dbcombo control
is another ado data control (Call it ADODC2).  Even the
datafield is set to a field contained in the recordset for
ADODC2.  When the form loads the control displays data in
the dbcombo without a problem and the list is also
populated with fields from ADODC1.  If I add a record and
call the Update method of the ADODC2.Recordset, it adds
the record, no problem there.  But when I edit a record by
selecting a new value in the dbcombo control and call
CancelUpdate method and check the values in the database,
it shows the new value.  Does anyone know why this is
happening?

2. DataBinding SDK experience? Anyone?

3. ADODC1 error or warning...

4. INFORMIX CONSULTING OPPORTUNITIES

5. error when set adodc1.recordset = nothing

6. ODBC interface for R:Base ?

7. Adodc1 and recordcount

8. Filltering dimensions

9. Newbie: Adodc1.ConnectionString = Values from other Form

10. Text Box and ADODC1

11. adodc1 refresh

12. Adodc1.Recordset.Update Error