Random Number between 1-99999

Post by Cedric Reves » Wed, 28 Mar 2001 16:35:59

Hi everyone,

How to generate a random number between 1-99999 in a stroed procedure?

Thanks

Cedric

Random Number between 1-99999

Post by Narayana Vyas Kondredd » Wed, 28 Mar 2001 16:50:14

Cedric, you have to use RAND function to do this. There's an interesting example at the below URL:
http://www.1sqlstreet.com/xq/ASP/txtCodeId.276/lngWId.5/qx/vb/scripts...
--
HTH,
Vyas

Random Number between 1-99999

Post by Ole Kristian Bang » Wed, 28 Mar 2001 16:54:18

Quote:>Hi everyone,

>How to generate a random number between 1-99999 in a stroed procedure?

>Thanks

>Cedric

Hi Cedric!

The following code should do the job:

  DECLARE

  SET

--
Ole Kristian Bang?s

Random Number between 1-99999

Post by Cedric Reves » Wed, 28 Mar 2001 17:16:05

Thanks a lot to both of you for your fast and efficient answers...

Regards

Cedric

Quote:> Cedric, you have to use RAND function to do this. There's an interesting

example at the below URL:
http://www.1sqlstreet.com/xq/ASP/txtCodeId.276/lngWId.5/qx/vb/scripts...
de.htm
Quote:> --

Quote:> http://vyaskn.tripod.com/
> SQL Server 7.0 Replication FAQ and commonly encountered problems:
> http://vyaskn.tripod.com/repl_ques.htm
> Interesting code samples (include SQL stored procedures, VB programs):
> http://vyaskn.tripod.com/code.htm
> Review of SQL Server 2000's "Federated database servers" feature:
> http://vyaskn.tripod.com/federated.htm

1. FRM-99999

Hello,

I am receiving error FRM-99999 from Forms 5.0 from workstations when trying
connection with Forms Server.
It runs on NT 4.0 SP5 with Oracle Server 8.0.4.

I am about to upgrade to Forms 6. Is it necessary to keep Jinitiator? I have
1.1.7.18.
Does installer uses same ORACLE_HOME created by Oracle 8.0.4 installer?

Any suggestions, experiences and comments will be valuable.

Thanks in advance.
|  -)                                          (-  |
|  /\\  Linux the choice of the GNU generation  //\  |
| _\_v                                          v_/_ |

Breno de Avellar Gomes
Database Applications & Internet Developer

Arquivo-Sistemas de Bases de Dados
P. O. Box 5006
EC Municipio
4017-001 Porto
Portugal

Cellular phone: 351-917383469

ICQ # 35567342

Toll free fax and answering machine from USA
1-888-EXCITE2  extension  291-303-8152

Outside USA (international fares apply)
1-917-463-3173

2. Oracle 8 Certification, Tuning, Troubleshooting and DBA info

3. FRM-99999 and web enabled forms 5.0

4. GA-Atl-Oracle entry level

5. FRM-99999 error when running web-enabled forms

6. Logical table names

7. FRM-99999

8. Informix: First impressions

9. FRM-99999 error on Web forms