Good SQL reference book?

Post by Kris D. Bernardi » Tue, 25 Jan 2000 04:00:00

Does anyone have a recommendation on a good SQL handbook?  I'm looking for
one that will give good reference for different SQL statements, and
examples.  Preferably for SQL 6.5 or 7.  Not Oracle.  Thanks.

Good SQL reference book?

Post by Itzik Ben-Ga » Tue, 25 Jan 2000 04:00:00

If you are talking about the SQL syntax, than Joe Celko's SQL for Smarties
is your book.
Note that his book has ANSI compliant syntax and not a product specific
syntax.
If you are looking for a reference to SQL Server 7 internals, than Kalen
Delaney's Inside SQL Server 7 is the one.

For details: http://www.mcse.org.il/isql/books.htm

--
BG

Hi-Tech College, Israel
http://www.mcse.org.il/isql

Quote:> Does anyone have a recommendation on a good SQL handbook?  I'm looking for
> one that will give good reference for different SQL statements, and
> examples.  Preferably for SQL 6.5 or 7.  Not Oracle.  Thanks.

Good SQL reference book?

Post by Ronald Fo » Tue, 25 Jan 2000 04:00:00

I have been reading a book published by Wrox (www.wrox.com) titled
"Professonal SQL Server 7.0 Programming".  I have found it to be very
useful and informative, and I started out not knowing much about SQL
Server.  I would recommend this book.
Ron

Good SQL reference book?

Post by Kris D. Bernardi » Tue, 25 Jan 2000 04:00:00

Much thanks for the replies.

Kris

Quote:> Does anyone have a recommendation on a good SQL handbook?  I'm looking for
> one that will give good reference for different SQL statements, and
> examples.  Preferably for SQL 6.5 or 7.  Not Oracle.  Thanks.

Good SQL reference book?

Post by Peter A. Schot » Sat, 19 Feb 2000 04:00:00

Actually, one of the best ones you can look at would probably be something
like "Teach Yourself T-SQL in 21 Days" to get a good handle on T-SQL.

You can check it out on-line at www.informit.com.

-Pete Schott

> If you are talking about the SQL syntax, than Joe Celko's SQL for Smarties
> is your book.
> Note that his book has ANSI compliant syntax and not a product specific
> syntax.
> If you are looking for a reference to SQL Server 7 internals, than Kalen
> Delaney's Inside SQL Server 7 is the one.

> For details: http://www.mcse.org.il/isql/books.htm

1. I need a good reference book on SQL

I'm an NT and Netware Server administrator, and I want to get into SQL
Database administration as well. What I need is a good intermediate
book (s) on SQL database creation, implementation and administration.
Preferably for Oracle and MS SQL Server 6/7. Any suggestions?

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/

2. deadlock message in error log - info requested

3. best overall reference book on sql server 7

5. A good SQL tutorial/reference book ?

6. Problems Adding a linked Server

7. I need a good reference book on SQL

8. (local)

9. Good books for SQL Language Reference

10. Good Reference Books

11. A good reference VB book?

12. Good books/reference on ADO

13. Best VB4/VB5 reference books?