Moving Cubes from development Server to Production Servers

Moving Cubes from development Server to Production Servers

Post by Kurt Moska » Wed, 08 Dec 1999 04:00:00

I finished developing my cubes on my developemnt system. How do I
copy/transfer all the stuff from the development server to the production
server?

I was hope there is a transfer util. It will take me the better part of a
week to rebuild all my fact tables and dim. on the prodcution server.

Moving Cubes from development Server to Production Servers

Post by George Spoffor » Wed, 08 Dec 1999 04:00:00

You can use the backup/restore add-in (available from the MS web site)
to migrate the database from one place to another. This will just
migrate the OLAP Services database; your posting indicates that you may
have to move tables as well, which you should move with the SQL Server
backup facilities.

After you restore the databases, HOLAP and MOLAP partitions will be
immediately available, while ROLAP partitions will require processing.

Note while you need to keep the names of the data sources in the OLAP
system the same between development and production, you can change what
they point to as much as you need to. For example, if you had an Access
ODBC data source named "DB Data Source" for development, after you
restore the database on the production server you can change "DB Data
Source" to point to a SQL Server OLE DB connection, and on the next
processing it will pick data out of SQL Server.

--
George Spofford
Dimensional Systems, LLC

http://www.dimsys.com

Moving Cubes from development Server to Production Servers

Post by Ermanno Bonifaz » Sun, 12 Dec 1999 04:00:00

Our shareware tools MC Rubik permits all your needs.
Try it at http://www.mediaco.it/intl/rubik

Quote:> I finished developing my cubes on my developemnt system. How do I
> copy/transfer all the stuff from the development server to the production
> server?

> I was hope there is a transfer util. It will take me the better part of a
> week to rebuild all my fact tables and dim. on the prodcution server.

1. Moving Cubes from development Server to Production Servers

Moving Cubes from development Server to Production Servers

I finished developing my cubes on my developemnt system. How do I
copy/transfer all the stuff from the development server to the production
server? I know that I need to regenerate the cubes but I don't want to redo
all the deveoplment of the fact tables and dims.

I hope there is a transfer util.  If not It will take me the better part of
week to rebuild all my fact tables and dim. on the prodcution server.

2. SQL 6.5 error message

3. Moving cubes from development to production

4. Help: DTS Wizard Error - license does not permit data transformation

5. Development server to Production server questions

6. Approach slows to stop?

7. How update production server from development server

8. XPS Guru's BuildSMI Failed..

9. Newbie: Keeping a Development server in sync with a Production server

10. How to move .MDF db from Test server to Production server

11. Moving a database from a test server to a production server

12. Help Moving SQL 7.0 DTS Local Package from Test Server to Production Server

13. Creating cubes on one MS olap server and moving to a different server