build A.S 2000 cubes on server without sitting in server rm

build A.S 2000 cubes on server without sitting in server rm

Post by Monique Smit » Sat, 14 Apr 2001 09:29:22

We are currently running sequel server 2000 with analysis services 2000.  We have
installed the analysis services 2000 and sql 2000 client on our developer
machines.  Of course all the cubes we build using the client Analysis Services
(olap) build them locally.  Is there a way for the developers to build the cubes
on the server without having to actually sit in the server room. (burr it's cold
in there)

Monique

build A.S 2000 cubes on server without sitting in server rm

Post by JeffBer » Sat, 14 Apr 2001 09:38:57

 Sure! The admin tools can administer a server remotely. Just register the
server from the developer's machine. (OK, you need to have the tools
installed on the machine in the warm room)