syscomments table - low Scan Density

Post by John Bandettin » Thu, 26 Jun 2003 18:14:12

Cory

Unless you have 1,000's of stored procedures on the
system. Syscomments is not a very big table, so I would
not worry too much about fragmentation.

Regards

John

1. FILLFACTOR (SCAN DENSITY VS. AVERAGE PAGE DENSITY)

Scenario:
 Created a clustered index and nonclustered indexes on a
table with 5,953,675 rows using a fillfactor of "95" for
clustered index and "98" for nonclustered indexes.
  After 82,119 inserts (.01 of table), the nonclustered
indexes had a value of "83" for scan density, "4" for
logical frag, and "96" for avg. page density.  The
clustered index had a value of "96" for scan density, "1"
for logical frag, and "88" for avg. page density.
  Methinks I should have used a fillfactor for the
nonclustered indexes a value of "96", and a fillfactor
value of "96" for the clustered index.  The table and
indexes span multiple files.  Confused on trade-off on
scan density versus avg. page density with nightly inserts.
Am in an OLAP (Data Warehouse) environment.  Have other
tables with similiar scenarios (roughly one percent of
table being done nightly with inserts).
  Am open to anything.  Thank you

2. FREE SOFTWARE

3. Table scan, Table scan, Table scan

4. Help with ClientSDK

5. Scan Density

6. How to change fieldlength

7. Scan Density doesn't change

8. scheduler infected with signal 11

9. Scan Density

10. Clustered Index Scan vs. Table Scan

11. TABLE SCAN Vs INDEX SCAN/SEEK

12. Table Scan - Scans more records than are there