Help Help My DBCC CheckDB run a long long time

Help Help My DBCC CheckDB run a long long time

Post by Kenny Cheun » Wed, 16 Jun 1999 04:00:00

Dear Expert
Who will know SQL 7.0 DBCC CheckDB , Checkcatalog and newalloc run long long
time
(15 min and do not stop it ) ?

Best Regards
Kenny

Help Help My DBCC CheckDB run a long long time

Post by Neil Pik » Wed, 16 Jun 1999 04:00:00

Kenny,

 How big is the Db?  SQL 7's dbcc's are 10-100 times faster than 6.x's....

Quote:> Who will know SQL 7.0 DBCC CheckDB , Checkcatalog and newalloc run long long
> time
> (15 min and do not stop it ) ?

 (Please post ALL replies to the newsgroup only unless indicated otherwise)
 For SQL FAQ entries see
 http://go.compuserve.com/sqlserver (library 1) - latest stuff is always here
 www.ntfaq.com/sql.html
 http://www.swynk.com/faq/sql/sqlserverfaq.asp

1. how long does dbcc checkdb take

sql 2000
sp 2
Ive got a 7.5 gig db that Im currently running the above statement on. 7
tables. 5 indexes on 1 table and 1 index per table on each other table. ( Im
going to put on more, Im still building the db) I have the repair_rebuild
option specified. Its been running for 1 hour and 12 minutes so far. I new
it would hammer the response of EM and other queries but had no idea it
would do it this bad. Any guesstimates on time? Does anybody else use this
thing? I ran it do to a torn page message yesterday when building some
TIA

2. Concurrent DB connections

3. How long should dbcc checkdb take?

4. Xbase Web access

5. Long running DBCC

6. Very Urgent Please!

7. DBCC running too long?

8. Long running DBCC

9. DBCC - how long to run?

10. SQL statment takse a long long time...

11. Help Help Help -- long operations

12. Help : Very long time before connection