Portable PC

Post by Atle J?rgense » Thu, 11 Dec 1997 04:00:00

Hi,
I have a SQL server installation running on a NT Workstation platform. My
machine portable configured with different hw profiles.
My question is:
When my machine is undocked i can't browse the database using SQL Enterprise
Manager, otherwise the DB works fine. Have anyone some ideas why.

Tanks
    Atle

Portable PC

Post by Balajee Subramania » Thu, 11 Dec 1997 04:00:00

I have had a similar problem.  Try installing the Sql Server using logon as
Localsystem account and don't use any server name to logon while registering the

server in the Enterprise. It works fine with my laptop.

balajee.

> Hi,
> I have a SQL server installation running on a NT Workstation platform. My
> machine portable configured with different hw profiles.
> My question is:
> When my machine is undocked i can't browse the database using SQL Enterprise
> Manager, otherwise the DB works fine. Have anyone some ideas why.

> Tanks
>     Atle

1. Synchronise a database to/from a portable PC?

I need some way to work mobile with my Oracle. When I leave some Oracle
site(s)
I want to replicate/copy portions or the whole database to my portable
PC to be able
to work offline. Then, when I get back to the site, I want to
synchronise my portable
data with the sites data. (you know, the way Lotus Notes works).

Is it possible to work like this? If yes, how?  Do I need a full Oracle
on the portable
or are there some "lite" versions of Oracle? I have heard about Oracle
8i Lite, but don't
know what it really is.

Please give me some ideas, products,  ways etc ....

Thanks for any help
/H?kan W

2. Execute "KILL" from stored proc

3. Two Database (one in fix location and one in PC portable)

4. ASE 11.9.2 Device Size Limit?

5. 24405-IA-Eddyville-LAN/WAN-PC-Communication Skills-ORACLE-Client/Server-PC-Techn

6. what is best way to automate loading text files with different names?

7. Alert: "HAPPY99.EXE" e-mail/newsgroup virus

8. FPW26 ?screens compatible from PC to PC

9. desktop pc vs server pc