JAVA DB - SQL Server

Post by Eduard Popol » Tue, 09 Apr 2002 22:03:31

- Is there any chance for me to find out a JDO classes collection (
for free)?
- It's possible to use MS ADO collection in Java projects using Beans
bridge,if yes then how?
- Where I could find a suitable driver for MS SqlServer (no ODBC)

JAVA DB - SQL Server

Post by Justi » Wed, 10 Apr 2002 23:52:50

> - Is there any chance for me to find out a JDO classes collection (
> for free)?
> - It's possible to use MS ADO collection in Java projects using Beans
> bridge,if yes then how?
> - Where I could find a suitable driver for MS SqlServer (no ODBC)

Eduard,

might seem a dumb question but why not use JDBC ?

http://java.sun.com/products/jdbc/

This is what it was designed for.
HTH

Justin

1. Connecting to a SQL Server 7 DB using JAVA

Hi,
I am attempting to write a simple Java program to access a SQL Server 7
database using JAVA.
I receive the following SQLException when I try to connect to the database
using a currently working
ODBC data source:
    [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver]Invalid cursor state

I am using the following code:

  Connection con = null;
  Statement stmt = null;
  ResultSet rs = null;
      try {
           // Load (and therefore register) the Oracle Driver
       /* Class.forName("sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcDriver"); */
           Class.forName("com.ms.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcDriver");
           System.out.println("Loaded & Registered driver");

       // Get a Connection to the database
        con =
DriverManager.getConnection("JDBC:ODBC:ips_dmq_path_port_dev");
       System.out.println("connected");

    // the rest of the java code follows.......

I receive the exception if I use either the Sun or Microsoft jdbc drivers.
Could anyone point out to me when I need to look to resolve this problem ??

Thanks
Hugh Joseph

2. What hardware is required for 25 users?

3. Willing to write a free Java Application for a company for a SQL Server DB

4. Power Builder 4.0 & Informix 7.1

5. ---JAVA-----JAVA-----JAVA-----JAVA-----JAVA-----JAVA-----JAVA-----JAVA---

6. IDS 7.3.1 on Solaris 8 or HP-UX 11.x

7. Visual Basic App using Foxpro DB vs Access DB vs SQL Server DB

8. AZ-Phoenix Area-250970--Java-SQLSERVER-ORACLE-Java, SQL Server, Oracle

9. CA-SAN FRANCISCO-361774--Java-Java-ORACLE-JAVA SERVER ENGINEER

10. CA-SAN FRANCISCO-359298--Java-Java-Java-ORACLE-JAVA SERVER ENGINEER

11. Java Swing Modeling Tool for DB Query and for Java O/R Mapping