Create "replacement" labels for a dimension

Create "replacement" labels for a dimension

Post by John Butto » Sun, 01 Apr 2001 05:36:01

If I create a dimension that has the possible values "0" and "1" but would
like to show "No" and "Yes" as the displayed values on the dimension, how
could it be done?

I'd like to do this via the cube editor rather than a MDX expression. I
could do this by creating a view of the data and translating the field
values using a surrogate field based on an expression, but would rather do
it in the cube without impacting the underlying view.

Create "replacement" labels for a dimension

Post by <cs5.. » Tue, 03 Apr 2001 23:59:23

I don't think there is a way.

Quote:> If I create a dimension that has the possible values "0" and "1" but would
> like to show "No" and "Yes" as the displayed values on the dimension, how
> could it be done?

> I'd like to do this via the cube editor rather than a MDX expression. I
> could do this by creating a view of the data and translating the field
> values using a surrogate field based on an expression, but would rather do
> it in the cube without impacting the underlying view.

Create "replacement" labels for a dimension

Post by Fran » Fri, 13 Apr 2001 20:04:42

You should use  a SQL Case  Statement in the "Member name column " in the
Property pane, like:
Case "dbo."dimAnswer"."Answer" when 1 then "Yes" when 0 then "No" else "NA"
end

Bye