HELP--Going NUTS-->>DTS Package and Foxpro

HELP--Going NUTS-->>DTS Package and Foxpro

Post by jw » Thu, 04 Jul 2002 06:48:59

I need a work around for this flipping error.  I am using odbc to connect to
a foxpro freetable and copy fields to a MSSQL2000 table.

The fox table has 5 different date fields in it. There is no constraint on
these fields...it doesn't care if a value is in it or not.  It does not
allow nulls either.
The date field in fox is a DateTime, the Date Field in MSSQL is datetime,
allow null

Anyway it is a pretty straight forward deal....just copy all from fox to
sql.  About half way thru the jopb it errors out with:
Insert error, (Fieldname),DBTYPE_DBTIMESTAMP, status 6 Data Overflow
Invalid character value for cast specification

thanks

HELP--Going NUTS-->>DTS Package and Foxpro

Post by Darren Gree » Thu, 04 Jul 2002 06:54:13

Quote:>I need a work around for this flipping error.  I am using odbc to connect to
>a foxpro freetable and copy fields to a MSSQL2000 table.

>The fox table has 5 different date fields in it. There is no constraint on
>these fields...it doesn't care if a value is in it or not.  It does not
>allow nulls either.
>The date field in fox is a DateTime, the Date Field in MSSQL is datetime,
>allow null

>Anyway it is a pretty straight forward deal....just copy all from fox to
>sql.  About half way thru the jopb it errors out with:
>Insert error, (Fieldname),DBTYPE_DBTIMESTAMP, status 6 Data Overflow
>Invalid character value for cast specification

>thanks

I don't know what the range for a Foxpro DateTime is compared to the SQL
datetime type, but perhaps it is too big or small for SQL?

Simplest way to determine the bad data is to open the DataPump task, and
turn on the error log. Select the SQL 2K not SQL 7 format and output all
the info you can.
--
Darren Green (SQL Server MVP)
DTS - http://www.sqldts.com

HELP--Going NUTS-->>DTS Package and Foxpro

Post by Allan Mitchel » Fri, 05 Jul 2002 04:08:40

I think FOXPRO is 1/1/1 - 31/12/9999

This, both upper and lower is well outside of SQL Server's ranges

--

Allan Mitchell
http://www.sqldts.com

1. DTS problem SQL7->DTS->Excel->DTS->SQL7

I'm using DTS to export SQL data to an Excel file, let user make updates in
excel, then import back into SQL, deleting old data first.

Problem:
After user edits numeric cells in Excel, in DTS package/Preview shows new
values to be empty or null. Actual import shows same result where new values
in Excel become null in SQL.

I import same Excel file into an Access table. no problem.

2. Scheduled Job Step Timeout

3. Delphi>>>>>>>

4. Help! VFP6 and Win98 Project Manager Problem

5. >>>SYBASE/UNIX ENIGNEERS WANTED>>>>Bay Area, CA.

6. Creating Access Database WITHOUT Access App?

7. HELP>>HELP>>Using an Index for an MSSQL database

8. Need help with COPY

9. Check out the Web below for great Computer Prices >>>>>>>>>>>>

10. Indians....NO MORE>>>Go home.

11. Check out the Web below for great Computer Prices >>>>>>>>>>>>

12. >>>>>>UNIX/SYBASE ENGINEERS WANTED>>>>>> Bay Area, CA

13. ------>>>>>>CASH IN ON THE NET