File Permissions for BCP job

Post by Dave » Sat, 17 May 2003 04:05:39

How can I grant Win2k NTFS file permissions on a file
server to BCP running as a SQL job on another SQL server
computer? Granting file perms to the computer doesn't
work.

Thanks,
Dave

File Permissions for BCP job

Post by DeeJay Pua » Sat, 17 May 2003 04:43:11

Dave,

You have to make sure that the SQLServerAgent Service is
running under a domain account. Schedule your job (or
change the owner to this account) to run as the same user.

On the other file server, grant this service account
permissions to the file/directory properly.

This should do the job.

DeeJay

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>How can I grant Win2k NTFS file permissions on a file
>server to BCP running as a SQL job on another SQL server
>computer? Granting file perms to the computer doesn't
>work.

>Thanks,
>Dave
>.

File Permissions for BCP job

Post by Dave » Sat, 17 May 2003 05:00:28

Oh thanks. I forgot to look at the SQLServerAgent service
rather than the plain old SQLServer service which is
running as the local system account.

I was resorting to giving file permissions to the
computer account of the SQL Server machine.

Best,
Dave

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>Dave,

>You have to make sure that the SQLServerAgent Service is
>running under a domain account. Schedule your job (or
>change the owner to this account) to run as the same
user.

>On the other file server, grant this service account
>permissions to the file/directory properly.

>This should do the job.

>DeeJay

1. Permissions on DBASE file results in job not executing

Hi,

I have a problem that has just started to occur. Using SQL 2000, my DTS
import task worked without a problem. All I am doing is importing some
DBASE file and there is a DTS task for each import.

When I run the import manually (executing a package from Data
Transformation Services), the import works fine.

It also used to work fine when running it as a scheduled job, but now I
receive the following message in thr job history details:....

------------------------------------
Executed as user: _SQL. ...TSRun:  Executing...   DTSRun OnStart:  Drop
table [Missing_Clients].[dbo].[DPPOLICY] Step   DTSRun OnFinish:  Drop
table [Missing_Clients].[dbo].[DPPOLICY] Step   DTSRun OnStart:  Create
Table [Missing_Clients].[dbo].[DPPOLICY] Step   DTSRun OnFinish:  Create
Table [Missing_Clients].[dbo].[DPPOLICY] Step   DTSRun OnStart:  Copy
Data from DPPOLICY to [Missing_Clients].[dbo].[DPPOLICY] Step   DTSRun
OnError:  Copy Data from DPPOLICY to [Missing_Clients].[dbo].[DPPOLICY]
Step, Error = -2147467259 (80004005)      Error string:  You do not have
the necessary permissions to use the '\\nmtpc\isl\DPPOLICY.DBF' object.
Have your system administrator or the person who created this object
establish the appropriate permissions for you.      Error source:
Microsoft JET Database Engine      Help file:        Help context:
5003051      Error Detail Records:      Error:  -2147467259 (80004005);
Provider Error:  -535364616 (E016FBF8)      Error string:  You do not
have the n.  The step failed.
------------------------------------

Does anyone have any ideas what's going on and why the DTS job when run
manually works OK but when scheduled raises this?

Shane

2. HELP? database server limits

3. JOBS JOBS JOBS JOBS JOBS JOBS JOBS JOBS JOBS

4. Disk space

5. ODBC - Registry Permissions and File System Permissions required to run

6. U.S. Northeast DBA's

7. ODBC, BCP Error: Unable to open BCP host data-file

8. Where are the latest versions of BDE Help Files

9. BCP - Unexpexted EOF encountered in BCP data-file

10. bcp: unexpected EOF in bcp data file

11. ODBC, BCP Error: Unable to open BCP host data-file

12. Help BCP Unexpected EOF in BCP data-file.