desire to move data from OS 390 DB2 to AS/400 DB2 using DTS

desire to move data from OS 390 DB2 to AS/400 DB2 using DTS

Post by Suza » Sun, 19 Aug 2001 03:31:36

Can someone tell me how to move data from DB2 running on OS/390 to DB2 on
AS/400?

I heard that I will need the IBM client ODBC drivers.  Any more clues?

Thank you.

Suzan

1. Load data from DB2 in NT to DB2 in OS/390

Hi,

I have DB2 v6.0 in OS/390.

I need to load huge text file data into DB2 in OS/390 in monthly
basis. The problem is these text files are not in fixed-length format.
I need to use either REXX script or C script to read one-by-one record
from these comma delimited text files into fixed length before using
DB2 Loader loads it into OS/390.

I heard that DB2 v7x in NT can load data in comma delimiter.
Is it possible for me to use DB2 Loader NT version and Load the data
into OS/390?.
The idea is I provide an NT machine with DB2 v7x (NT version)
installed on that machine. I ftp those comma delimeted text files to
NT machine and using DB2 Loader in NT loads all text files to DB2 in
OS/390.

Does this scenario work?

Thanks in advance.

Rgds,
Deby

2. Error code 40000???

3. data from DB2 UDB on NT to DB2 on OS/390

4. Crosstab Result Set

5. DTS to Export data from Sql server to DB2 on OS/390

6. Bug in SQL 7 EM: triggers not visible after data import.

7. Table Limit with DB2 Connect to DB2 for OS/390

8. Variables in ORACLE

9. Creating DB2 SQL Procedures in DB2 version 6 on OS/390 (June 2000 PUT)

10. DB2 Conenct & DB2 on OS/390

11. Trigger working in DB2 for NT but not in DB2 on an OS/390-machine

12. DB2 for OS/390 REXX Language Support for DB2 V5.1

13. Import DELimited File Format Files to DB2 for OS/390 Tables with DB2 Connect