cann't install MS SQL Server 2000

Post by bel.. » Sun, 18 Aug 2002 01:18:33

Tried to install MS SQL Server 2000 on Windows 2000 Server.
There is a message "setup preparing the install shield..." at start setupsql.exe
Process reaches 99 %. Installator doesn't start.  In the Windows 2000 tasks dispatcher some time present setupsql.exe, then disappears.

cann't install MS SQL Server 2000

Post by Dinesh.T.K » Wed, 21 Aug 2002 00:18:31

Alex,

Is the setup media fine? - try installing on a different machine.Any
unanswered dialog box in the background?Any hints on sqlstp.log?

Dinesh
SQL Server FAQ at
www.tkdinesh.com

Quote:> Tried to install MS SQL Server 2000 on Windows 2000 Server.
> There is a message "setup preparing the install shield..." at start
setupsql.exe
> Process reaches 99 %. Installator doesn't start.  In the Windows 2000

tasks dispatcher some time present setupsql.exe, then disappears.

> Comprehensive, categorised, searchable collection of links to ASP &

ASP.NET resources...

cann't install MS SQL Server 2000

Post by linda deng[M » Wed, 21 Aug 2002 17:20:23

Hi Alex,

In addition to collecting the information in accordance with Dinesh's
suggestion, can you paste the exact detailed error message?

I look forward to your response.
Sincerely,

Linda Deng
Microsoft Support Engineer

cann't install MS SQL Server 2000

Post by Dave Kosen » Sat, 07 Sep 2002 01:30:51

I am having what sounds like exactly the same problem.  The cd I am
using installs fine on at least one machine (running W2K Server) but
acts this way on all other machines I have tried (including W2K server
and Pro).  Installshield window pops up, disappears then nothing.  No
log file is created, no error message, nada.  Same behavior with the
demo version I downloaded from MS.

Thanks,
Dave