restore all database to a brand new server

restore all database to a brand new server

Post by crv » Thu, 26 Jul 2001 10:12:34

NT4serverSP6a, SQL7SP3
I am restoring all databases(master, msdb, PJC databases and other user
databases) from a server to a brand new server. The two servers have
different names. After all databases have been restored, only PJC(Microsoft
Project Central Database) can not work. What causes this problem? Does
different computer name affect the new sql server?

thanks

1. move sql server to brand new server

Hello there,
We are going to move the SQL server(NT4SP6a, IIS4, SQL7SP3) to a brand new
server(NT4SP6a, IIS4, SQL7SP3). The new server name is different from the
old server. There are microsoft project central server to run on the old
server?
How should I do to keep the PJC and other user database continue working
when I move?
Is there any documents to help me?

any ideas?
Thanks.

2. Where is the AddNew Row in DataGrid Control?

3. restore to new database to new server

4. SQL3 Standards Document

5. Brand New Database & Storage Options

6. PICK/uniVerse/Unidata Programmer/Analysts needed

7. error msg 3251 on AddNew method for ADO/Brand New Jet database

8. newbie question

9. Brand new database crashes apps

10. Brand new Web Based Intro to SQL Tutorial w/ live practice Database

11. Brand new to SQL Server (simple questions)

12. Brand new SCO Open Server 5.0.4 with 5-user license