Error trapping in stored procedure

Post by Doug » Tue, 04 Jun 1996 04:00:00

Does anyone know how to trap errors in a stored procedure?
I am executing 'dump transaction' statements to dump the logs for all my databases.
The first log that fails to dump stops the procedure, and the remaining logs don't get processed.
Thanks for any help.

1. Error trapping in Stored Procedure

How do I do error trapping in a stored procedure. eg.

Create Procedure MyProc (char_var char(10)
returning integer

define
   int_var   integer

   let int_var = char_var;

   {********
    I want to trap error here
    ********}

    if sql error is not 0 then
       int_var = 0
    end if

return int_var

TIA

2. How do I restore db from another SQL Server 7 ?

3. Error trapping in stored procedure

4. Unable to establish console connection

5. trapping stored procedure errors

6. Locking Table (Sybase System 11)

7. Trapping and processing errors within stored procedures (SQL 7.0)

8. Two-phase commit in ASE 11.9.2

9. Trapping error inside stored procedure using ON EXCEPTION

10. Trapping Errors Raised Within Stored Procedures

11. FW: trap informix store procedure errors!

12. Error trapping in a stored procedure?

13. Trapping error handles in extended stored procedures