DTS export to Access then email doesn't work

DTS export to Access then email doesn't work

Post by Shaun Stuar » Fri, 09 Mar 2001 06:36:46

I'm trying to make a DTS package that will export data to an Access 2000 db
then email that db to someone. When it gets to the emailing step, the
package fails with a "MAPI call failed" error. I think I remember reading
something here about a week ago from someone else with the same problem. The
solution was to tell DTS to close the connection when it's done with it (I
think). I can't remember exactly, can't locate that post, and don't see any
settings in the connection properties to set this.

The package will email other files, so I know sql mail is working correctly.

Can anyone help?

Shaun

DTS export to Access then email doesn't work

Post by Euan Garde » Fri, 09 Mar 2001 15:25:18

Right click on the task, workflow properties, advanced, close connection on
completion.

-Euan

Quote:> I'm trying to make a DTS package that will export data to an Access 2000
db
> then email that db to someone. When it gets to the emailing step, the
> package fails with a "MAPI call failed" error. I think I remember reading
> something here about a week ago from someone else with the same problem.
The
> solution was to tell DTS to close the connection when it's done with it (I
> think). I can't remember exactly, can't locate that post, and don't see
any
> settings in the connection properties to set this.

> The package will email other files, so I know sql mail is working
correctly.

> Can anyone help?

> Shaun

DTS export to Access then email doesn't work

Post by Shaun Stuar » Fri, 09 Mar 2001 22:50:34

That's it! Thanks!

Shaun