Installing SQL 6.5 on Windows XP

Post by Stephen Dybing [MSFT » Thu, 01 May 2003 04:59:47

Have you looked at the following KB yet?
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=249294

Hope this helps,
Stephen Dybing

Please reply to the newsgroups only, thanks.

Quote:> Hi

> I am having problems installing SQL 6.5 on Windows XP.
> I am getting the attached error. The password is correct, yet it is giving
> me this error.

> Please help,
> Pauline.

Installing SQL 6.5 on Windows XP

Post by Tester Ma » Wed, 07 May 2003 23:11:42

Tester's gotta say ... wow, you're like three versions behind!

Tester

> Have you looked at the following KB yet?
> http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=249294

> Hope this helps,
> Stephen Dybing

rights.
> Please reply to the newsgroups only, thanks.

> > Hi

> > I am having problems installing SQL 6.5 on Windows XP.
> > I am getting the attached error. The password is correct, yet it is
giving
> > me this error.

> > Please help,
> > Pauline.

1. SQL2000 Desktop Install Failure on Windows XP from Office XP

I have tried to install SQL 2000 desktop data base engine
on my brand new gateway computer which came pre-loaded
with Windows XP Professional and Office XP Professional.
The MSDE set-up program indicates I have the wrong version
of windows. I have tried to install the latest versions of
MSI to help but these fails also.Any advice?

2. Help to create a Trigger.

3. SQL 6.5 and Windows XP Pro

4. E-mail & Show Message

5. Sql 6.5 & Windows XP

6. Re : Solaris Performance - 64 bit puzzle

7. SQL 6.5 on Windows XP?????

8. Windows XP known issue SQL 6.5 / BackOffice

9. SQL 6.5 and Windows XP Pro

10. Install Windows 2000 after windows xp

11. Cannot connect to SQL Server (7) after installing Windows XP

12. installing sql server on Windows XP