CONNECT TO REGISTRY PROBLEMS

Post by Alan » Fri, 14 Feb 2003 00:01:20

Not because I'm using IIS or non-OLAP Administrators but
in the following cases -

- Running a VB App (as Administrator/OLAP Admin) which
uses DSO to build cubes, partition and parallel process
them.

- Connecting (an an OLAP Admin) to Analysis Services from
XP Pro using MMC.

This all worked pre-SP3, and there have not been any
changes.
Anyone else having SP3 problems?

Thanks in Advance....

CONNECT TO REGISTRY PROBLEMS

Post by T.K. Anand [MSFT » Fri, 14 Feb 2003 03:00:34

Do you have SP3 installed on the computer running DSO/Analysis Manager? SP2
and earlier versions of DSO cannot manage an SP3 server.

--
T.K. Anand
Analysis Server Development

**This posting is provided AS IS, with no warranties, and confers no
rights.**

Quote:> Not because I'm using IIS or non-OLAP Administrators but
> in the following cases -

> - Running a VB App (as Administrator/OLAP Admin) which
> uses DSO to build cubes, partition and parallel process
> them.

> - Connecting (an an OLAP Admin) to Analysis Services from
> XP Pro using MMC.

> This all worked pre-SP3, and there have not been any
> changes.
> Anyone else having SP3 problems?

> Thanks in Advance....

CONNECT TO REGISTRY PROBLEMS

Post by Alan » Fri, 14 Feb 2003 04:01:28

Thanks, I know.

All our clients and servers have SP3 installed on both SQL
and AS - particularly since Slammer.

The VB/DSO Application actually runs on the host server,
under an Admin/Olap Admin account.
The fault seems to occur randomly, and sometimes not at
all.

I am considering reverting to SP2 on AS, or reinstalling
and rebuilding AS from scratch.

I'd appreciate any suggestions.

Regards,
Alan

CONNECT TO REGISTRY PROBLEMS

Post by Richard Tkachuk [MS » Fri, 14 Feb 2003 08:14:00

Hi Alan,

Try explicitly giving permissions to the folder where the repository is to
the local group "OLAP Administrators". I think this will clear up the
problem.

Alan - were you on sp2 before you applied sp3?

Regards,
Richard

--
This posting is provided 'AS IS' with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Quote:> Thanks, I know.

> All our clients and servers have SP3 installed on both SQL
> and AS - particularly since Slammer.

> The VB/DSO Application actually runs on the host server,
> under an Admin/Olap Admin account.
> The fault seems to occur randomly, and sometimes not at
> all.

> I am considering reverting to SP2 on AS, or reinstalling
> and rebuilding AS from scratch.

> I'd appreciate any suggestions.

> Regards,
> Alan

CONNECT TO REGISTRY PROBLEMS

Post by Alan » Fri, 14 Feb 2003 08:52:23

Thanks for this and your other response, but the
repository has been migrated to SQL Server, and access
rights don't explain the random nature of the fault?
As I mentioned this is happening within the server, not
client-server.
Yes, we were on SP2 before SP3.

???

Post by Richard Tkachuk [MS » Wed, 05 Mar 2003 02:46:08

Hi Alan,

    Are you using the DTS processing task in a DSO application? If so, try
recompiling the application and see if this resolves the problem.

Regards,
Richard

--
This posting is provided 'AS IS' with no warranties, and confers no rights.

> Thanks for this and your other response, but the
> repository has been migrated to SQL Server, and access
> rights don't explain the random nature of the fault?
> As I mentioned this is happening within the server, not
> client-server.
> Yes, we were on SP2 before SP3.

> ???

Post by carlos lar » Thu, 06 Mar 2003 02:12:20

I also have problems connecting to OLAP from a remote computer after
installing SP3.  My case is because I have the MS OLAP repository
migrated to SQL Server

1. unable to connect to the registry on the server

Hi,

I am currently exploring the Analysis services in SQL. The
SQL is installed in another server. I am using my desktop
to connect to the SQL server. I have no problem using SQL
enterprise but I have problem when I try to register SQL
server onto the Analsyis services. The error message is
"unable to connect to the registry on the server (server
name), or you are not a member of the OLAP administrators
group on this server.

Can someone kindly help.

Thanks and appreciated.

2. create table over linked server

3. OLAP cannot connect to registry on server

4. Recent Comparison of MS SQL Server vs. Oracle?

5. Analysis Services - Unable to connect tol the registry on the server

6. Help me!!!

7. Cannot connect to the registry on the server computer

8. SQL Agent CmdExec job steps

9. Unable to connect to the registry of the Analysis Server

10. cannot open registry - Informix Connect NT 4.0

11. Error connecting to Access 97 Database : Unable to open registry key

12. Error: Unable to connect to the registry or...

13. Herlp! OLAP Manager Cannot connect to registry