SQL92 Drafts Group...

Post by Mustaf » Wed, 14 Feb 2001 18:35:12

Hi,

Who forms and publishs SQL92 standarts draft? Are there any standarts group
for it? I found the sql92 draft texts everywhere but can't find the real
publisher of them therefore i'm looking for the foundation or
standartization group that constitutes the sql92 standarts.

Best Regards...

SQL92 Drafts Group...

Post by Tibor Karasz » Wed, 14 Feb 2001 20:27:44

Mustafa,

ANSI and ISO. www.ansi.org is probably the place to start. If you are looking at
buying the actual doc's, see below text which I got from Peter Gulutzan. You're
probably better off with a good book, though...

"Thanks Tibor Karaszi for the recommendation. I try to keep an up-to-date
list of "ANSI SQL" books, with pointers to reviews and sample chapters,
at http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/OCELOTSQL/books.htm. Re the
standard documents, as well as Global Engineering, I have noticed that
Techstreet sells them online (as .pdf files) from
http://www.cssinfo.com/features/ISO_IEC_9075.html -- I haven't heard any
customer experiences about these people though. If you only want to
order one standard document: #1 is "simple intro", #2 "foundation" is by
far the most important, the "sql/cli" one is for high-level-language
programmers only.
Peter Gulutzan
Ocelot Computer Services Inc."

--
Tibor Karaszi, SQL Server MVP
FAQ from Neil at: http://www.sqlserverfaq.com

Quote:> Hi,

> Who forms and publishs SQL92 standarts draft? Are there any standarts group
> for it? I found the sql92 draft texts everywhere but can't find the real
> publisher of them therefore i'm looking for the foundation or
> standartization group that constitutes the sql92 standarts.

> Best Regards...

1. SQL 2 standard group, draft documents?

Can someone let me know via E-mail how I can contact the SQL 2 working
group, and/or access their working documents via E-mail or ftp?

(Hopefully this isn't a FAQ but I haven't seen anything here for 2 weeks.)

Thanks!  -- Dave
--

"Actually, I'm not the Tooth Fairy.  I'm the Plaque Fairy -- and I'm here
 to remind you to floss."

2. Message in Error Log

3. VFP GROUP : Very rough draft of Request For Discussion

4. Data Architect

5. Rolling Up a Group (or, Grouping a Group)

6. Local partitoned view performance is very bad (1 sec -> 3 minutes) [repost]

7. PDOXWIN: printing in draft mode?

8. How to debug the PL/SQL block?

9. Paradox 7 (or 5) and Draft Dot Matrix Printer

10. Paradox FAQ Draft -- FINAL POST FROM ME

11. First draft of new FE/BE protocol spec posted for comments

12. DRAFT of PROGRESS FAQ

13. PRESS: OLAP COUNCIL DRAFTS VENDOR-INDEPENDENT API SPECIFICATION