Insert data into PivotTable

Post by Denny Le » Fri, 09 Feb 2001 02:35:24

Well, the pivot table component can receive data data from tabular data
sources, Olap data sources, and XML data sources or you can use the OWC data
source component.  So the short answer is that no - you cannot insert data
into a pivot table manually unless you're talking about one of the above
data sources.  If you're inserting data manually into the system and if
you're not using one of the above data sources, just curious, would using
the OWC spread sheet object suffice your needs ?

> Is it possible to insert data into a pivot table manual? Can I manually
> insert my own fields without specifying a datasource or bind it to
> another control? How?

> ?ystein.

> > Unfortunately, you cannot insert an MDX statement into a pivot table
> or
> > pivot table list object.

> > sorry !
> > denny  8-)

> > --

> > Denny Guang Yeu Lee

> > digiMine, Inc. (http://www.digimine.com)
> >   "Powering your data for business advantage"

> > For opportunities contact:

> > > I want to insert data into a pivottable using a MDX-expression
> quering
> > > a OLAP-server. Is this possible and how? How can I insert data into
> > > PivotTable without using DataSource, DataMember and CommantText
> > > properties?

> > > --
> > > ?ystein Langerak

> > > Sent via Deja.com
> > > http://www.deja.com/

> --
> ?ystein Langerak

> Sent via Deja.com
> http://www.deja.com/

Insert data into PivotTable

Post by ?ystein Langera » Tue, 13 Feb 2001 05:14:11

I was trying to make an easy wrapper for the pivottable where the user
could send in an MDX-expression and the result was displayed in a
pivottable connected to the chart-component. Instead a made a wrapper
for chart-component because this one a could insert data into easily.

Thanks for your help!

?ystein.

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/

1. Showing data as % at Excel XP (for PivotTable reports)

Hi,

I want to show a measure as a % (I have no Calculated
Measure for that) and, at the same time, I want to see the
measure on its original format.
I could not do it at Excel as I have to choose one of the
two formats to show the measure (To do it I choose "Pivot
Table Field" -> Show data as).
I found something at the Help that tells me I can see a
measure in more than one format at the same time if my
source data allows me to (as following). For that, I
should drag the field a second time to the data area.
What does it mean? How can I do it? I doesn't work at
Excel!
Tks for any clue,
    yang

"If your source data allows you to change the summary
function, you can use more than one summary method for the
same field. Drag the field from the PivotTable Field List
window to the data area a second time, and then repeat the
steps above for the second instance of the field."

2. How to generate dummy records

3. Save PivotTable report with source data in Excel 2000

4. UNION in view in SQL7 (why does this work?)

5. Request help sorting with Office 2k Web Components PivotTable and OLAP Data Source

6. client ssl

7. Pivottable - getting data from sql server

8. Problem with Joins on Views

9. OLAP Client/Data Analysis/PivotTable for Mac

10. Refresh pivotchart based on data from pivottable

11. PivotTable Data Source Problem

12. Insert Data Into Access Database From SQL Server ADO Insert

13. HELP!! Inserting a data entry using INSERT INTO