SQL Server Client Configuration utility

Post by ABO Softwar » Wed, 24 Apr 2002 20:27:59

Environment : Windows 2000 , SQL Server 2000

hi ,
Where do i invokethe "SQL Server Client Configuration Utility "
I want to use "TCP/IP sockets" as default network protocol to SQL Server.
I could not find as to how i could configure the above ...

could anyone tell me where i would find this utility and how to configure
the default network protocol?

thanks ..
Ganga

SQL Server Client Configuration utility

Post by Narayana Vyas Kondredd » Wed, 24 Apr 2002 20:30:50

It is 'Client Network Utility', and you can invoke it from Start ->
Programs -> Microsoft SQL Server. If you are planning to do it
programmatically from your application, try this FAQ entry at my site:
http://vyaskn.tripod.com/programming_faq.htm#q18
--
HTH,
Vyas, MVP (SQL Server)

http://vyaskn.tripod.com/

Quote:> Environment : Windows 2000 , SQL Server 2000

> hi ,
> Where do i invokethe "SQL Server Client Configuration Utility "
> I want to use "TCP/IP sockets" as default network protocol to SQL Server.
> I could not find as to how i could configure the above ...

> could anyone tell me where i would find this utility and how to configure
> the default network protocol?

> thanks ..
> Ganga

SQL Server Client Configuration utility

Post by Tibor Karasz » Wed, 24 Apr 2002 21:09:08

also, the name of the exe file is cliconfg.exe...

--
Tibor Karaszi, SQL Server MVP

> It is 'Client Network Utility', and you can invoke it from Start ->
> Programs -> Microsoft SQL Server. If you are planning to do it
> programmatically from your application, try this FAQ entry at my site:
> http://vyaskn.tripod.com/programming_faq.htm#q18
> --
> HTH,
> Vyas, MVP (SQL Server)

> http://vyaskn.tripod.com/

> > Environment : Windows 2000 , SQL Server 2000

> > hi ,
> > Where do i invokethe "SQL Server Client Configuration Utility "
> > I want to use "TCP/IP sockets" as default network protocol to SQL Server.
> > I could not find as to how i could configure the above ...

> > could anyone tell me where i would find this utility and how to configure
> > the default network protocol?

> > thanks ..
> > Ganga

1. Question about the SQL Server Client Configuration Utility

Hi!

    In the SQL Server Client Configuration Utility, there is an option named
: "Use International Settings".  I would like to know wich International
Setting it uses when the option is activate.  And is it possible to know
wich Default Settings it uses when the option is off?

Thanks for your help!

Mylne Carpentier

2. D3 ODBC connection

3. Apex DBGrid Column and Columns Collecion (??aarrgghh??)

4. SQL Server Client Configuration Utility Comes Up At Startup

5. updating "text" data type column

6. Question about the SQL Server Client Configuration Utility

7. NEED HELP WITH COLLEGE PAPER PLEASE

8. Question about the SQL Server CLient Configuration Utility

9. Can't keep server aliases in client configuration utilities

10. Client network utility - Server alias configuration ?

11. SQL Client Configuration Utility Setting

12. SQL Client Configuration Utility