how to implement search engine category

Post by bas.. » Wed, 02 Feb 2000 04:00:00

hello everyone
i'm an undergraduate student.
My graduation
project is to implement a search engine with sql-server.
then how can i implement a search engine category.
thanks in advance.

1. Search engine - how to implement on Oracle?

Hi,
I'm looking for some advice on how to implement a search engine on Oracle -
it would be something working similar to Yahoo, obviously much simpler than
that. I'm looking for some hints regarding how to approach the project: can
I use Oracle 8i or do I have to use 9i? Do I have to use Oracle Web Portal
or is it also easy to implement it using the database, SQL, PL/SQL and Java?
Would text option take care of the search part or should I implement an
algorithm to make the search possible? If so, where do I find a description
of such an algorithm?

ANY hints will be very appreciated.

Thanks,
arturo

2. Cannot open connection to Analysis Server

3. How is Yahoo search engine implemented?

4. How can i connect Exchange server using by linked server

5. Searching multiple fields with the Excalibur search engine??

6. Newbie help. Search and replace dates in column?

7. MS search Event ID: 3036 category: Gatherer

8. Oracle 7.2 ODBC Driver ...

9. selecting top n records that belong to a category for each category using 1 querry

10. Category tree structure and quick search help

11. Categories and sub categories.

12. Categories/Sub-Categories table design/normalization

13. Jet engine: need to implement recordlocking