Need Help: Data Environment Child Command

Need Help: Data Environment Child Command

Post by Henrik Dah » Wed, 20 Oct 1999 04:00:00

Hello all of you!

I've got a simple (but to me large) problem.

If I create a command object (stored procedure) with a child command (table
with relationship), everything works when I drag the toplevel command object
to a form and execute the program.

If I create a command object (stored procedure) with a child command (stored
procedure with relationship for specifying the input parameter), the result
of the child command doesn't seem to show up at all, when I drag the
toplevel command object to a form and execute the program.

I would very much like, if somebody may offer me some help!

-- Henrik

P.S. The stored procedure for the child command works perfectly when it's
used in a toplevel command object instead.

1. ADO-Access Commands Data Environment Parent Child Help!

First of all, thanks.

I am trying to develop an application that has the following included.

A Primary Command that feeds data from a table to a Form called
Individual.
Each field on the form is individually Bound. No Data Control.

A Second Command that feeds data from a table to a form called
Contact.
Each field Individually Bound.

If I keep the two forms separate, they work fine. When I relate them
via Record Number, I get method not found errors.

I want a user to be able to fill in the blanks on individual and then
after clicking on a command button fill in the blanks on Contact.

But also be able to save data on both forms. And Edit Both forms.

BUT, once contact is filled in, no more AddNew allowed. Edit is ok.
Delete is OK.

ie: Contact only exists if Individual Exists.

Also, when I click on the button to .SHOW contact, I want the Record
Number transfered already to contact so the user sees a correlation.

There is also another form called details that ties to Individual also
in exactly the same way. ie: Details doesn't exist if Individual
doesn't exist.

I've done all of this using Data Environment as I am very New to VB6.

My only programming experience is DBASE 4 which from what I have seen
is closer to DAO than ADO.

A sample would be great.  I am willing to provide equity in the
project to someone who is willing to mentor.

Sincerely,

Doug Srock

2. Help with report filter (PDX5.0)

3. Data Environment and passing parameters to child commands

4. SQL 7 cannot reestablish TCP sockets layer - error 17833

5. ADO Data Environment Child Command refreshing problem

6. Need info on CADOL DB engine

7. Data Environment Usage and Child Command Hierarchy Question

8. microsoft.com

9. problem with child command in data environment designer

10. data environment child command and SQL stored procedure

11. What are children commands for in Data Environments ?

12. Data Environment Deisnger - Child Commands

13. Data Environment - Child Commands cause connection failure