looking for information about mySQL to talk with MS Access

looking for information about mySQL to talk with MS Access

Post by Logan » Tue, 22 Feb 2000 04:00:00

I have a computer science project to develop a Scheduling tool and I
need to have php receive data from an MS Access file.  In order to do
this my group believes the best way is going to be using mySQL.
Our teacher has given us 0 resources so my group is using our own PCs
to set up the tool, meaning I am running this on Win98 and Apache
1.3.9.
I know I cant get a full run down here of how to get php talking to
mySQL talking to MS Access...but can anyone give advice about web
pages where I could find information about this?

                        thanks,

                            Logan

looking for information about mySQL to talk with MS Access

Post by Neil Pik » Tue, 22 Feb 2000 04:00:00

Quote:> Subject: looking for information about mySQL to talk with MS Access

Logan,

Q.  SQL Server only runs under NT.  What cheap/free database runs under Linux?
(v1.0  1999.12.17)

A.  MySQL seems to the popular Linux DBMS.  www.mysql.com

 (Please reply only to newsgroups)
 SQL FAQ (412 entries) see

http://forumsb.compuserve.com/vlforums/UK/default.asp?SRV=MSDevApps
 or www.ntfaq.com/sql.html (+ ntfaq download)
 or http://www.sql-server.co.uk

1. MS SQL Server vs. Mysql using MS Access

I am a student technology intern working for a public school system. We
are exploring our options in database servers.  We would like to run MS
Access, but we do not know what type of database server would be best.
We would be running MS Access 2000 and running a Win 2000 server.

I've heard some good things about Mysql. How well does it run on a
NT/2000 server?  How easy is it to setup and maintain?  Would MS SQL
server be a better way to go, in terms of ease and integration between
access & the DB server?

Thank You,

JB

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

2. OCI call return codes?

3. Looking for equivalent MS SQL for MySQL ...... Command

4. Auto scripting changes in database version.

5. MS Access talking to Oracle?

6. looping through deleted

7. How does one look at data in an open MS access aplication from MS Word

8. Newbie question.

9. Visual FoxPro, Access, PHP/MySql developer looking for contracts

10. Anyone have mysql talking to Delphi?

11. Can't get Jserv and MySQL to talk to each other

12. Can Paradox talk to a MySQL database?

13. HOW TO UPGRADE FROM ACCESS 2000 TO MS SQL SERVER 7/2000 OR/MYSQL