Show Row Numbers in Query Analyzer

Post by Dinesh T » Wed, 30 Jan 2002 04:23:03

Dan,

Not in text mode,but certainly in Grid mode.

From the QryAnalyzer query menu select "Results in Grid" or Ctrl-D

( I assume you meant the row number of the result pane...if not just
dble-click on the error and it will automatically point to the error line in
the query pane.)

Dinesh.

Quote:> This seems like a dumb question, but I can't figure out
> how to display the row number in the Query Analyzer. When
> I get errors it tells me what row number, but then I have
> to count rows. Anyone know how to turn this option on?

Show Row Numbers in Query Analyzer

Post by ViMin Choon » Wed, 30 Jan 2002 04:40:32

The row or line number of the cursor is shown at the bottom right of the
window. The other way is to type Ctrl-G and then type in the line number to
move the cursor to the desired line. You can't show line numbers like most
editors as far as I know

Quote:> This seems like a dumb question, but I can't figure out
> how to display the row number in the Query Analyzer. When
> I get errors it tells me what row number, but then I have
> to count rows. Anyone know how to turn this option on?

Show Row Numbers in Query Analyzer

Post by Gert-Jan Stri » Wed, 30 Jan 2002 07:31:52

Another tip: if you double click on the error message, you cursor will
be placed on the line that contains the error.

Gert-Jan