How to copy an upsize-wizard'ed db (sysmessages) ?

How to copy an upsize-wizard'ed db (sysmessages) ?

Post by OfficeConsul » Wed, 04 Nov 1998 04:00:00

I upsized an Access db to sql-server (with the wizard). After
testing/fiddling I did a "create sql-script" and checked all(?) the
checkmarks, to get a script I could run on the clients server.
This seemed to work fine.
But the triggers (referential integrity) does some RAISERROR's with numbers
unknown to my clients server. How do I find/export these messages to the
client's server ?

Or did i "export" my db the "wrong" way ?

When I do a select * from sysmessages where errornumber
is-somewhere-near-the-unknown-raised-error I can see there is a lot of
error's with the exact same description. Is this 'coz the wizard is stupid
? Should I change the code in the triggers to "re-use" just one of the
error-numbers (for simplicity/size) ?

Regards
Jim Andersen

1. Copy Database Wizard can't copy *.mdf file while transfer DB from MSSQL7 to MSSQL2000

Situation:

Want to transfer some DB from MSSQL7 to MSSQL2000 via Copy Database
Wizard. The wizard successfully creates share OMWWIZc, switches DB into
single user mode, detaches DB and failes to copy MDF file

the error says "failed to copy \\...\DB.mdf file"

If somebody knows what is wrong help me find out, please.

2. Stock and sales in the same report with MDX?

3. OPEN OBJECTS parameter too low

4. Access2002 Upsizing Wizard isn't quiet on upsizing

5. RETRIVING VALUES IN RECORDSET PROBLEM

6. Access Upsize Wizard error: Couldn't execute query, couldn't find linked table

7. ADO Recordset Delete problem

8. Urgent: Cant Copy DB - Copy Wizard says Db is 'Replication DB'

9. Copy from Desktop Ed to Enterprise Ed failure

10. Upsizing A2K to MSDE 2000 with Upsizing Wizard

11. Upsizing Views with Upsize wizard