Invalid procedure call or argument "DTSDestination"

Invalid procedure call or argument "DTSDestination"

Post by Karthik Nagara » Sat, 10 May 2003 00:32:05

Hey Guys,

I am trying to dynamically define the transformations of a data pump task
with pre-constructed activex script files.

For ex, if file name = xxx.txt then the transformation file = xxx_script.txt

I am doing this because files I loop through all have different structures.
Hence the dynamic transformations.

However, the activex script engine keeps throwing the error - Invalid
procedure call or argument "DTSDestination".

I look at the transformations, everything looks perfect. The right file was
loaded, all columns are mapped properly and the syntax is fine as well.

What is this error and what is happening?

Thanks,
Karthik.

Invalid procedure call or argument "DTSDestination"

Post by Allan Mitchel » Sat, 10 May 2003 15:36:03

Hello, Karthik!

Can we have a look at more of the code.?  What is the line text that this
happens on ?  Maybe there is a syntactic error.

--

Allan Mitchell (Microsoft SQL Server MVP)
MCSE,MCDBA

: I am trying to dynamically define the transformations of a data pump task
: with pre-constructed activex script files.

: For ex, if file name = xxx.txt then the transformation file =
xxx_script.txt

: I am doing this because files I loop through all have different
structures.
: Hence the dynamic transformations.

: However, the activex script engine keeps throwing the error - Invalid
: procedure call or argument "DTSDestination".

: I look at the transformations, everything looks perfect. The right file
was
: loaded, all columns are mapped properly and the syntax is fine as well.

: What is this error and what is happening?

      ---  Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2800.1158

Invalid procedure call or argument "DTSDestination"

Post by Karthik Nagara » Wed, 14 May 2003 02:24:07

Hi Allan,

I appreciate your interest. Thank you. Your guess was right. It was a syntax
error. I manually created the activex transformations, saved them as a text
file. It works like a charm. The activex script is case sensitive it seems.
Bizarre!

Thanks,
Karthik.

Quote:> Hello, Karthik!

> Can we have a look at more of the code.?  What is the line text that this
> happens on ?  Maybe there is a syntactic error.

> --

> Allan Mitchell (Microsoft SQL Server MVP)
> MCSE,MCDBA
> www.SQLDTS.com
> I support PASS - the definitive, global community
> for SQL Server professionals - http://www.sqlpass.org

> : I am trying to dynamically define the transformations of a data pump
task
> : with pre-constructed activex script files.

> : For ex, if file name = xxx.txt then the transformation file =
> xxx_script.txt

> : I am doing this because files I loop through all have different
> structures.
> : Hence the dynamic transformations.

> : However, the activex script engine keeps throwing the error - Invalid
> : procedure call or argument "DTSDestination".

> : I look at the transformations, everything looks perfect. The right file
> was
> : loaded, all columns are mapped properly and the syntax is fine as well.

> : What is this error and what is happening?

>       ---  Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2800.1158

1. Run-time error "5": Invalid procedure call

Hi All...

When I run this program in the IDE it works fine. When I run it as an
executable I get a Run-time error "5": Invalid procedure call or argument. I
think this is a known problem based on the knowledge base artical Q242347.
This block of code is being called right after a modal form has closed and
the focus has returned to the main form. Has NE1 got a work around for this.

With frmFind

    .addCaption = "Caller Name to find"

    .recordSource = "SELECT CallerName FROM qryCallers ORDER BY CallerName"

    .Show vbModal

End With

If (Len(gFindString) > 0) Then

With adoRecordset

    .MoveFirst '-- to make sure it starts a the first record

    .Find "CallerName = '" & gFindString & "'"

        If adoRecordset.EOF = True Then

            iReturn = MsgBox("Agent Name: " & gFindString & _

            " was not found.", vbCritical, App.Title)

        Else

            iReturn = MsgBox("Agent Name: " & gFindString & _

            " was retrieved.", vbInformation, App.Title)

        End If

    End With

End If

Thanks in advance

meh

2. VB6 ADODB.Recordset.Field = NULL Error

3. "Invalid Argument" ODBC error

4. WHERE Date >= '20010101'

5. CompactDatabase gives "3001: Invalid Argument"

6. Is Forms 5.0 reaaly Y2K compliant?

7. "Invalid Argument" errors

8. ERROR 3001 - "Invalid Argument"

9. Invalid Procedure Call - DTSDestination

10. "Invalid buffdirty call" error message

11. "Invalid object name" in stored procedure

12. Run-time error '5': Invalid procedure call or argument