Pull Subscription scripts

Post by Dave Randal » Thu, 19 Oct 2000 04:00:00

I'm trying to configure Pull Replication through the use of a number of
SQL scripts.  My create Distributor / create Publication script seem to
work fine.  The create Pull Subscription executes successfully but the
REPL Distributor job fails with the following error: "The subscription
to publication '(null)' has expired or does not exist.  The step
failed.".

The scripts are detailed below.  Any help would be much appreciated.

/****** Scripting the replication setup of server Publ_Server. Script
Date: 10/18/00 16:33:41 ******/
/****** Installing the server Publ_Server as a Distributor. Script
Date: 10/18/00 16:33:41 ******/
use master
GO

-- Adding the distribution database

GO

-- Adding the distribution publisher

GO

-- Adding the registered subscriber

GO

-- Enabling the replication database
use master
GO

exec sp_replicationdboption N'database', N'publish', N'true'
GO

use [database]
GO

-- Adding the transactional publication

GO

N'distributor_admin'
GO

N'ECOMDEV\SQL Admins'
GO

N'ECOMDEV\TechTest1'
GO

N'pkmTest'
GO

N'sa'
GO

-- Adding the transactional articles

GO

-- Adding the Pull Subscription at the subscriber

-- Adding the Pull Subscription Distribution Agent job at the subscriber

go

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.