Scheduling DTS doesn't fail but doesn't work

Scheduling DTS doesn't fail but doesn't work

Post by Dee Rogheli » Fri, 09 Mar 2001 00:23:45

When I schedule a DTS, it runs successfully but doesn't actually perform the
processes specified in the DTS.  Can anybody give me insight?

Dee Roghelia

Scheduling DTS doesn't fail but doesn't work

Post by Mike » Fri, 09 Mar 2001 02:00:07

set up the job to log to the application log file (properties/logging tab),
and see which individual tasks are succeeding or failing

Quote:> When I schedule a DTS, it runs successfully but doesn't actually perform
the
> processes specified in the DTS.  Can anybody give me insight?

> Dee Roghelia

Scheduling DTS doesn't fail but doesn't work

Post by Dee Rogheli » Fri, 09 Mar 2001 05:20:31

The scheduled DTS will run successfully from the server but not from my
client workstation.  I need to do some reading on Scheduling DTS!

> set up the job to log to the application log file (properties/logging
tab),
> and see which individual tasks are succeeding or failing

> > When I schedule a DTS, it runs successfully but doesn't actually perform
> the
> > processes specified in the DTS.  Can anybody give me insight?

> > Dee Roghelia

Scheduling DTS doesn't fail but doesn't work

Post by Mike » Fri, 09 Mar 2001 06:52:18

Check out http://www.swynk.com/friends/green/ for some good reading on DTS -
I believe he has an article on common issues / errors.

> The scheduled DTS will run successfully from the server but not from my
> client workstation.  I need to do some reading on Scheduling DTS!

> > set up the job to log to the application log file (properties/logging
> tab),
> > and see which individual tasks are succeeding or failing

> > > When I schedule a DTS, it runs successfully but doesn't actually
perform
> > the
> > > processes specified in the DTS.  Can anybody give me insight?

> > > Dee Roghelia

Scheduling DTS doesn't fail but doesn't work

Post by Euan Garde » Fri, 09 Mar 2001 15:19:00

http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q269/0/74.ASP

-Euan

> The scheduled DTS will run successfully from the server but not from my
> client workstation.  I need to do some reading on Scheduling DTS!

> > set up the job to log to the application log file (properties/logging
> tab),
> > and see which individual tasks are succeeding or failing

> > > When I schedule a DTS, it runs successfully but doesn't actually
perform
> > the
> > > processes specified in the DTS.  Can anybody give me insight?

> > > Dee Roghelia

1. DTS works fine but it doesn't work when scheduling

I have created a DTS Package that opens a Text File imports it into a
table and then executes several SQL INSERTs and when I run it from DTS
Panel work fine but when I schedule them I get the following error.

DTSRun:  Loading...      Error:  -2147008507 (80074005); Provider
Error:  0 (0)      Error string:  Unspecified error         Error
source:  Microsoft Data Transformation Services (DTS) Package      Help
file:  sqldts.hlp      Help context:  713         Error:  -2147467259
(80004005); Provider Error:  6 (6)      Error string:  [DBNMPNTW]
Specified SQL server not found.      Error source:  Microsoft OLE DB
Provider for SQL Server      Help file:        Help context:  0.
Process Exit Code 1.  The step failed.

Can you help me?

Thanks,

Xavi.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

2. Problem Installing SQL 6.5 Workstation

3. DTS package doesn't work when scheduled

4. Select Error: NULL DB Process

5. DTS package scheduling doesn't work - why???

6. connect to internet database from local machine

7. Scheduling DTS Packages - it doesn't work

8. JDBC free secure DtaBase access

9. Scheduled DTS job doesn't work right...help

10. ORACLE DOESN'T COMPLY TO BASIC STANDARD SQL: SIMPLE QUERIES DOESN'T WORK

11. DTS Package On Fail Event doesn't work

12. Query works in SQL Query Analyzer but doesn't work in DTS

13. why SQL7 Schedule backup doesn't work?