slowing a database

Post by Monic » Fri, 11 Apr 2003 18:50:15

SQL Server 7.0

Is there code I can write or a setting I can change that
will slow down the response times on a database without
having an impact on any other db on a server?  I am
looking to train some individuals in my area on the
process of troubleshooting.  I would like the db to slow
quite a bit without locking up or having a loop spin.
Thanks for the help.  Monica

slowing a database

Post by <n.. » Fri, 11 Apr 2003 18:59:46

Workload management in SQL?
Common request?
Common feature by other vendors?

We can only hope they will see they light.

Quote:> SQL Server 7.0

> Is there code I can write or a setting I can change that
> will slow down the response times on a database without
> having an impact on any other db on a server?  I am
> looking to train some individuals in my area on the
> process of troubleshooting.  I would like the db to slow
> quite a bit without locking up or having a loop spin.
> Thanks for the help.  Monica

1. slow Access-database handling

Hello,

I just replaced the local  Paradox Databasetables in my application by
local Access Databasetables with filters. This has decreased the
performance speed of my application by a tenfold. I have a lot of
database accesses, but the underlying datasets are not to big. I didn't
use indexes, but I guess that can't be the cause.
I must say that I created all tables with the dabadase wizard, so I use
olny one session.

Can anyone give some advice on increasing the performance speed?

thanks a lot,

Yves

2. Access Progress DB from ASP

3. Slow browsing Database in Entreprise Manager

4. Renaming an Instance

5. Slow Optimizing database w/SQL 2000 vs SQL 7.0

6. Adaytum for generalised analysis

7. DB dumps/backups slows the Database server

8. break names up

9. Slow Openning Database

10. URGENT: Slow Access Database due to MSJTER35 MSJINT35 Not Found

11. slowing a database

12. slow Paradox database - help !

13. Slow slow slow from an ASP