table corruptions

Post by Shane S » Fri, 21 Jan 2000 04:00:00

Hi

I have 2 tables in my database that it is corrupted. When I do DBCC
checktable
command, I get the following messages..

Checking inv_tran
Msg 605, Level 21, State 1
Attempt to fetch logical page 80641 in database 'niebase_database'
belongs to object  'ap_item_detail', not to object 'inv_tran'.
DBCC execution completed. If DBCC printed error messages, see your
System Administrator.

Checking tech_calls_header
Msg 2506, Level 16, State 3
Table Corrupt: The values in adjust table should be in ascending order
starting from the end of the table (page#=492949  row#=0); check adjust
table in this row
Msg 2524, Level 16, State 1
Table Corrupt: Row length is inconsistent between the computed row
length and the recorded row length on page; check the following page and
row: pageno=492949 row#=0 computed row length=812 row length on page=811
Msg 2596, Level 16, State 1
Page pointer = 0x4ec5800, pageno = 492949, status = 0x101, objectid =
1621580815, indexid = 0 has an incorrect pgfreeoff value of 1926. The
offset should be 843.
The total number of data pages in this table is 1241.

Any recommendation so I can correct these two tables
or do I need to restore from tape backup?  however my backup is old...
Many thanks
shane

table corruptions

Post by D. Patrick Hoerte » Fri, 21 Jan 2000 04:00:00

Shane,

    If you're lucky, it'll let you do a SELECT * so you can salvage your
data, then just recreate the table, replace the data, any triggers, then
recompile any views, stored procs, or foreign keys that reference it. This
ain't pretty.

D. Patrick Hoerter

>Hi

>I have 2 tables in my database that it is corrupted. When I do DBCC
>checktable
>command, I get the following messages..

>Checking inv_tran
>Msg 605, Level 21, State 1
>Attempt to fetch logical page 80641 in database 'niebase_database'
>belongs to object  'ap_item_detail', not to object 'inv_tran'.
>DBCC execution completed. If DBCC printed error messages, see your
>System Administrator.

>Checking tech_calls_header
>Msg 2506, Level 16, State 3
>Table Corrupt: The values in adjust table should be in ascending order
>starting from the end of the table (page#=492949  row#=0); check adjust
>table in this row
>Msg 2524, Level 16, State 1
>Table Corrupt: Row length is inconsistent between the computed row
>length and the recorded row length on page; check the following page and
>row: pageno=492949 row#=0 computed row length=812 row length on page=811
>Msg 2596, Level 16, State 1
>Page pointer = 0x4ec5800, pageno = 492949, status = 0x101, objectid =
>1621580815, indexid = 0 has an incorrect pgfreeoff value of 1926. The
>offset should be 843.
>The total number of data pages in this table is 1241.

>Any recommendation so I can correct these two tables
>or do I need to restore from tape backup?  however my backup is old...
>Many thanks
>shane

1. Table Corruptions

I still get table corruptions using Paradox 8 on a pier to pier network.
Any suggestions on eliminating this problem?  The typical error usually
lists "index out of date".  A simple rebuild of 1 to 3 tables (always the
same 3) solves the problem.  This usually occurs at least once per shift.

The program was "written" by private programmers, so if you have any
suggestions, please put them in laymans terms.

Thanks,
KW

2. DSO and Dimension ALL Caption property

3. HELP : I'm going crazy CORRUPTIONS CORRUPTIONS

4. use sql to detect suspect database

5. CORRUPTIONS IN PDOXWIN TABLES OBSTRUCT MY DATABASE

6. why frequent commits are not good?

7. Corruptions in PDOXWIN tables obstruct my database

8. DUMP DATABASE hangs on Sybase 10 / HP-UX 9

9. Page Corruptions (GAM)

10. Appears there is DB corruptions

11. Data Corruptions (How to delete a corrupted row?)

12. Record Locking/Corruptions - My Solution