Can't register SQL servers, weird error: Client unable to establish connection ConnectionOpen (CreateFile())

Can't register SQL servers, weird error: Client unable to establish connection ConnectionOpen (CreateFile())

Post by Chri » Thu, 20 Apr 2000 04:00:00

Help!!!

I'm running SQL 7 on NT Server 4.0 SP6A. I cannot register any external
servers but everyone else can.
I do have a server registered, the local one.
Every time I try I get this message:

Can't register SQL servers, weird error: Client unable to establish
connection ConnectionOpen (CreateFile())

Any ideas?

--
Chris.

"Whats with driving on the parkway and parking on the driveway?!"

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Can't register SQL servers, weird error: Client unable to establish connection ConnectionOpen (CreateFile())

Post by C. E. Buttle » Thu, 20 Apr 2000 04:00:00

What protocols are supported (installed for SQL Server) at each server?
They will need to have a common one or the multiprotocol.  However, if they
are on a WAN, plan on using TCP/IP.

Quote:> Help!!!

> I'm running SQL 7 on NT Server 4.0 SP6A. I cannot register any external
> servers but everyone else can.
> I do have a server registered, the local one.
> Every time I try I get this message:

> Can't register SQL servers, weird error: Client unable to establish
> connection ConnectionOpen (CreateFile())

> Any ideas?

> --
> Chris.

> "Whats with driving on the parkway and parking on the driveway?!"

> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

Can't register SQL servers, weird error: Client unable to establish connection ConnectionOpen (CreateFile())

Post by Chri » Fri, 21 Apr 2000 04:00:00

We're using TCP/IP on all the machines. Fact is, this should all work
right out of the box. Thats what's so weird.

Chris.

--
Chris.

"Whats with driving on the parkway and parking on the driveway?!"

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Can't register SQL servers, weird error: Client unable to establish connection ConnectionOpen (CreateFile())

Post by Chri » Fri, 21 Apr 2000 04:00:00

Here's how I did it.

I went into the "Client Network utility." (At the suggestion of Neil
Boyle) I put in the server's ip and specified that it should only use
TCP/IP. This didn't work, so I connected at the Windows level and BANG!
I can register (and more importantly) administer all of our servers.

Chris

Quote:> Help!!!

--
Chris.

"Whats with driving on the parkway and parking on the driveway?!"

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

1. Please Help!!! Can't register SQL servers, weird error: Client unable to establish connection ConnectionOpen (CreateFile())

Help!!!

I'm running SQL 7 on NT Server 4.0 SP6A. I cannot register any external
servers but everyone else can.
I do have a server registered, the local one.
Every time I try I get this message:

Can't register SQL servers, weird error: Client unable to establish
connection ConnectionOpen (CreateFile())

Any ideas?

--
Chris.

--
Chris.

"Whats with driving on the parkway and parking on the driveway?!"

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

2. Diskkeeper

3. unable to register server - ConnectionOpen (CreateFile())

4. CA-PALO ALTO-257859--ORACLE-C-C++-Client/Server-GUI-HTTP-Internet-JAVA SERVER-SIDE ENGINEERS FOR INTERNET COMPANY

5. unable to register server - ConnectionOpen(CreateFile())

6. Page Fault in MFC42.DLL run time error

7. unable to register server -ConnectionOpen(CreateFile())

8. test only #1

9. Cannot Register Server - ConnectionOpen (CreateFile())

10. Unable to regsiter server - connectionOpen(CreateFILE())

11. unable to regsiter server - ConnectionOpen(CreateFIle())

12. Client unable to establish connection to SQL Server from ISQL window

13. [ODBC SQL Server Driver]Client unable to establish connection